• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Q400 off blocks not detected

Started by Chris Liu, Mar 26, 2016 01:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

We've been having a few issues lately with ACARS not detecting Majestic Q400 off blocks. Preliminary testing has revealed this is something to do with the condition levers, until we work out the exact cause we have a temporary work around:

If you do not hear the off-blocks sound after starting the first engine(with the condition lever in start & feather) then when you need max condition, move the levers using your mouse. This will trigger off blocks.

Gerald Plotts (1443)

I use the GoGlight TQ6-ADV and what I did is the following. Might also work for Saitek or CH quads.

I zoomed into the Throttle area, or use the pop-up, then watching the movement on screen as I moved the condition levers, I put a piece of white tape on the housing. this way I know exactly when the signal is there for start/Feather.
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Gerald Plotts on Mar 27, 2016 21:50
I use the GoGlight TQ6-ADV and what I did is the following. Might also work for Saitek or CH quads.

I zoomed into the Throttle area, or use the pop-up, then watching the movement on screen as I moved the condition levers, I put a piece of white tape on the housing. this way I know exactly when the signal is there for start/Feather.

The Saitek one, the detents actually tally up with the markings on the throttle  :)