• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

P3D v2.4

Started by Chris Liu, Sep 30, 2014 14:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

Anyone got the latest P3D update, how is it?

Michael Meyer (1142)

Hi Chris,

2.4 runs like a charme and espacially the clouds and shadows are further optimized so that flying within heavy weather does only have a small impact to the frames.

HiFi has also released a new version of ASNext for 2.4 yesterday.
Cheers
Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

I'm seriously considering switching but the J41 is keeping me in FSX for now.

Also I found this tweak, if anyone finds it handy:
QuoteI did this for v2.4 and turned a completely unflyable airport into a smooth high fps rocket ride... Not sure why, can't see a change to anything other than sheer brute force improvement. .. Cheers Beau whoever you are...
---------------------
P3D 2.3 users, Big performance tweak thanks to Beau on the P3D forums
"Brows to the ShadersHLSL folder. This is in the main application folder where the Prepar3D.exe is. You may need elevated permissions to do this if you installed into program files with standard windows security settings.
• Open Cloud.fx in notepad or another text editor
• Look for this this line (should be around line 300 if you have line numbers enabled in your editor):
GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width, height );
• Scale the width and height down by half with this change:
GetScreenQuadPositions( quad, width*0.5, height*0.5 );
• Save your changes and close the file
Our system should detect the newer file and rebuild the shader, but if it does not, you can clear the shader cache:
• Go to DRIVE:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\
• Delete the Shaders folder and/or all of its contents. This will clear the cache"
I have set *0.4 and have maxed out cloud density. Massive improvement for me in heavy weather , can literally Max out settings! Love it
!

Michael Meyer (1142)

The "TWEAK" was an error from LM in version 2.3 which was found after a long discussion with the users and is corrected in 2.4. So this tweak is only necessary if using 2.3.

If doing this in 2.4 it will only reduce the size of the clouds to very small ones. Of course this will give a boost to the FPS but than it would be better to fly without real weather or reduce the amount of clouds with P3D settings.

I also have the J41 running in P3D since 2.1 and do not have any problem.

Cheers
Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

Quote from: Michael Meyer on Oct 02, 2014 11:57I also have the J41 running in P3D since 2.1 and do not have any problem.
I may have to buy a copy then, once I've got all this scheduling and painting out the way!