• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

My first flight

Started by Dean Farley, Jul 15, 2014 15:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Farley (1176)

Hi all

Complete newcomer here :D  I filed my first flight today for intercity. I flew from EGLC to EGGP using the Q400.  I only purchased the Q400 a couple of days ago and was looking for a VA that flies mainly in Europe and into places like EGLC, well I stumbled upon you guys :D

It's taken me a few days to get into the swing of things with the Q400, she is a demanding bird when flying solo, so i think I'm about to splash out of FS2CREW as well.

I'm really liking the way this VA is set up.  Like having the PFPX schedules and routes all ready to download and import, really nice and simple to use ACARS software.  I'm also really liking the shorter routes, I'm used to flying the 777 and the A320 so going from those to the Q400 is quite different.

Anyway enough rambling from me :P  Keep up the excellent work :D

Chris Liu (1001)

Hi Dean,

Welcome aboard Intercity  ;D I'm glad you're finding the Q400 as engaging and refreshing as we have. Whilst it's certainly a challenge it's also very rewarding when everything goes right!

Don't forget that Intercity pilots are entitled to 30% off all FS2Crew products; make sure you use our coupon code before you checkout (that makes FS2Crew Majestic Q400 voice £17.33 instead of £24.75)

In the meantime, if you need any assistance you'll find the forums are full of useful advice and friendly people  :)

PS: Where did you find us, was it through Google?

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Welcome to the team Dean. You will have a great time here. The q400 certainly is a demanding bird but there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. Just ask if you need anything.

Bill Ant (1076)

Hello Dean,

Welcome!   I found that FS2Crew dramatically increased my enjoyment of the Q400!
I am also learning a lot now from the airline2sim videos too.

Bill
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Chris Hulme (1003)

Welcome Dean,

I myself also transferred from flying the A320 over to the Q400 and the JS41, its a big learning curve, but defiantly lots of fun! And like everyone's said, there's lots of knowledge here if if you get stuck post up and you'll be sure to receive a reply!