• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

POLL: Special liveries

Started by Chris Liu, Mar 02, 2015 09:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in special Intercity liveries?

Yes
Yes, but as a very low priority
No

Chris Liu (1001)

I'm considering doing some special one-off liveries when I get time, is this something that would interest you or would I be wasting my time?

It might be a while yet as I still don't have my PC set up (only got broadband this weekend) and I need to do the Spring schedules, but expect something along the lines of Horizon's "Comfortably Greener" and flybe's "low cost, but not at any cost" to begin with, then perhaps some charity, commemorative, event or destination based ones.

Steve Prowse (1046)

Excellent idea Chris,  can't wait for the preview.  Definitely not wasting your time.

cheers

steve

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Fantastic idea. A few logojets or logoprops would look amazing.

Chris Liu (1001)

How about a logo jet to promote this  :P

I might try a variant of one of the dark liveries I didn't use for Intercity, as seen at http://viaintercity.com/forums/news/happy-birthday-to-us!/msg811/#msg811, although probably not to promote Wigan Pier ::)

Steve Prowse (1046)

Yeah I always liked the euro paint, not too sure about wigan pier  ???

Chris Hulme (1003)

If I recall Wigan Pier no longer exists!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Mar 03, 2015 14:57

Yeah.....wouldn't know...but blimey the Boss must have 'moving house stress' bad.... ;D

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Mar 03, 2015 15:10
Quote from: Chris Hulme on Mar 03, 2015 14:57

Yeah.....wouldn't know...but blimey the Boss must have 'moving house stress' bad.... ;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigan_Pier

Apparently it now refers to the area around where the Pier originally was! I think its stripping all the walls hes been doing, the dust must have gone to his head!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Always Saaarfend pier for us Essex boys.

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Great idea Chris. I would definitely be interested in it and like the idea of a green livery or destination based livery. Another suggestion may be an Intercity 2 year anniversary livery which is coming up in May. Retro livery's also seem to be the rage these days.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

Two very good ideas! I prototyped some retro liveries on a BAC 1-11 many moons ago, so should be able to pop them on to the Q400.

Chris Liu (1001)

Oh and rumour has it that Carenado's Hawker 850XP is only a few weeks away from release. Another rumour has it that Intercity might get one...

That's provisional on quite a few things though, such as the inclusion of a decent paint kit and systems. Traditionally Carenado kit is good looking but very short on systems and features; if default aircraft don't have it then Carenado's won't either. Another tradition is they release products with a veritable sea of bugs, only half of which ever get fixed.

This will be Carenado's first release that will have an FMS backed by a proper Navigraph database, so the jury's out on this one. It best deliver though, given that Carenado's prices have been getting very close to PMDG's but without the accompanying feature set.

Anyway, I'm off topic (as per). If the Carenado Hawker is decent, I'll paint it but don't expect to see it on the schedules, it's strictly for the occasional charter only (crew repositioning, sending engineers and parts to stranded aircraft etc).

Chris Liu (1001)

So bad news is that Carenado's H850XP is as buggy and compromised as normal, so I won't be painting it as it stands.

Good news is I've nearly finish the first one-off liveries, here's what it looks like:

I've wussed out and toned it down a tad from how it originally was (you can see the original green compared to the newer one in the top left of the image). It'll be available for download in the next few days.