• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Is PFPX worth it?

Started by Ron Kurz, Mar 06, 2016 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Kurz (1390)

My question is:. I have been looking into PFPX and also Simbrief (which I use) but would like to know how  PFPX is better then Simbrief. Both have weather, both ETOPS planning (which we don't need), both have fuel calculations and with Simbrief they seem to be correct. They will both generate a full flight plan which can be saved, so the question is what makes PFPX worth paying EUR 55 for a years subscription and then having to pay more every month after that?

Thanx for any intel, opinions and experiences  ???

Ron

Gerald Plotts (1443)

Although I don't use PFPX for the reasons stated, I do use SIMBRIEF all the time. It gives me all the info I need, and hasn't failed yet to provide accurate fuel calculations for the Q400 for all my flights. I'd stay with free!
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Ron Kurz (1390)

Kind of my thoughts as well about SIMBRIEF, which I use extensively - but PFPX seems quite popular and a really great program: what makes it so much more valuable? - money-wise?
I've donated some to SIMBRIEF, because I think they're doing an amazing job - and all this for free. But I'll think I'll check around in some other forums and report back once I'm more savvy  8)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Been wondering the same. Think I'll stick with the freebie unless there is a compelling reason to fork out for pfpx.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Our ICX schedules can be imported into PFPX (Thanks to Sergio). However I have never used PFPX and am happy with SimBrief, seems to create genuine looking OFPs and the fuel figures seem good, I always add a few hundred extra kilos for peace of mind!