• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

FMC problem

Started by Luis Nunes, Oct 04, 2014 23:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Nunes (1214)

Everytime i try to insert the Airways in the FMC it just freezes as soon as I hit ENTER.
Anyone has experiencied the same thing and has a solution for it? the AIRAC and the aircraft are both up to date.
Thanks
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Chris Liu (1001)

Are you using the LIST button to get the airway list?

Luis Nunes (1214)

Yes i am. I insert the airport i am and the one i want to go to. Then go to FPL insert the waypoints and then when i click on one of the waypoints, i click LIST, AIRWAYS, i choose the airway i want, hit enter and choose what waypoint i want to go from that airway and when i hit enter again it suddenly freezes... but its just the fmc. I can still look around, turn knobs and all the other buttons and switches and in the aircraft. Its really annoying because a few days ago i was able to do it and now i cant... i've reinstalled the dash 8 and it didnt work. Since then i have only installed fs2crew for dash 8 and updated my airac to 1410. Can't seem to find a solution for this problen anywhere...
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Sounds frustrating.

Have you tried the support pages on Majestic website? http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html
Maybe someone there can shed light on your issue.

Regards

Ben

Luis Nunes (1214)

I've looked in the support forum but can't seem to find anyone with the same problem which is even more frustrating. Btw and going a bit off-topic but because I reinstalled the dash8 (twice already) i only have 2 activations remaining. What happens if i run out of activations? Do i have to buy the product again??

Michael Meyer (1142)

Luis,

in the flightplan the first waypoint has to be the departing airport and than the first waypoint of your route. Than you can use the list button to select an airway which is connected to this waypoint and than the waypoint on which you will leave this airway, The FMC places than all waypoints between starting and end point. After that you can select the next airway and so on.

E.g. EDDL to EDDH the route is MEVEL Y850 BASUM Z78 WSR T903 RIBSO
I start with EDDL and than put in MEVEL. Now I can press the list button, select Y850 as airway and BASUM as waypoint to leave this airway. Next I use again the list button, select Z78 and waypoint WSR to leave..... at the end there should be RIBSO and EDDH in the flightplan.

If you first fill the flightplan with MEVEL BASUM WSR and RIBSO and than afterwards you try to connect them with the list functionality this could cause the freeze.

Cheers
Michael

Luis Nunes (1214)

Ok i'll give it a try with that route and see what happens! Thanks for the advice. What about regarding the remaining installations? If i run out do i have to buy the plane again?? Doesn't make much sense to me

Michael Meyer (1142)

If needed you should open a support ticket at majestic support to get a reactivation or a new key. There is no need to rebuy the addon.

In the "System description" of the Majestic documentation starting at page 110 you can read how to fill a flightplan in all details.

I use the Dash since 1.0 and never have had problems regarding the FMC.
Cheers
Michael

Luis Nunes (1214)

Quote from: Michael Meyer on Oct 05, 2014 19:18
Luis,

in the flightplan the first waypoint has to be the departing airport and than the first waypoint of your route. Than you can use the list button to select an airway which is connected to this waypoint and than the waypoint on which you will leave this airway, The FMC places than all waypoints between starting and end point. After that you can select the next airway and so on.

E.g. EDDL to EDDH the route is MEVEL Y850 BASUM Z78 WSR T903 RIBSO
I start with EDDL and than put in MEVEL. Now I can press the list button, select Y850 as airway and BASUM as waypoint to leave this airway. Next I use again the list button, select Z78 and waypoint WSR to leave..... at the end there should be RIBSO and EDDH in the flightplan.

If you first fill the flightplan with MEVEL BASUM WSR and RIBSO and than afterwards you try to connect them with the list functionality this could cause the freeze.

Michael, thank you so much for the information. I did the way you told me and everything is working now and not freezing. Thank you very much! This may be a bug that majestic developers should take a look at since if people do it the wrong way (like i was doing) it will just freeze and you will not be able to insert your flight plan!