• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Tried another VA, the Acars was not good.

Started by Bob Cardone, Jun 14, 2015 02:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cardone (1336)

I guess I am spoiled with the way everything works so well  on Intercity. I decided to try another VA, just to see the difference and everything was so much more difficult, from looking up a flight, to seeing where the routes, which there were very few of ,  went, etc.. The last straw was the Acars that would just decided to not function after I finished my flight so I lost the flight log completely. This happened twice in one day.. Needless to say, I quit.     ;)

Chris Hulme (1003)

Bob,
Thank you for your kind words, myself and Chris have been members of several VAs over the years, and theyve come a long way. When I started flying for VAs you had to submit your reports by email and wait for the manager to update the website manually.
Having been a part of a number of VAs means ive seen lots of different ACARS systems and part of what I wanted to make sure was that ours was easy to use and almost fool proof. No requirement to book a flight or faff about, simply open ACARS login, select your flight and fly! And then no requirement to do anything else until you have landed.
We also wanted to website to be nice and simple to use, and mostly down to Chris everything is open and viewable and the map is there for a visual representation of where we fly.
Oh and not to mention, no sight of any pre built script (except the forum of course) all of the website and ACARS were hand coded by myself and designed by Chris.

Happy Flying  ;D