• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

SimBrief

Started by Luis Nunes, Oct 16, 2014 15:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Nunes (1214)

Hello!
I'm having this problem of generating a flight plan when i click "Generate" on the SimBrief tab of the ACARS.
I've done before about 2 or 3 times, but now i just click on it and it does nothing.
Anyone else has the same problem?
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Chris Hulme (1003)

I've been away with work this week, but will have a look tonight and get it fixed!

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Luis

Have just tested at my end and it seems to be working fine. Just want to check that you have selected a flight, and entered a route?
it does take a minute or so (depending on connection) to load up and you may hear clicking as its navigating the SimBrief site in the background aquiring a flightplan.

Have another go and let me know how you get on.

Luis Nunes (1214)

Hi chris! I'm at work right now but i'll give it a try when i get home
I tried yesterday night but didn't work. Before it usually would literally take about 5 seconds to open, and now it sits there for ages loading but nothing pops up even after 10 minutes and with my route on. I'll let you know later on!
I7 4770 3.4 ghz, 16gb DDR3, GTX 770 2gb DDR5, 3TB WD HDD, 2x 750GB WD Black Caviar, Win 8.1.

Luis Nunes (1214)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Oct 17, 2014 18:15
Hi Luis

Have just tested at my end and it seems to be working fine. Just want to check that you have selected a flight, and entered a route?
it does take a minute or so (depending on connection) to load up and you may hear clicking as its navigating the SimBrief site in the background aquiring a flightplan.

Have another go and let me know how you get on.

Hi Chris! Just got home from work, and tried to generate a flightplan in the ACARS using the SimBrief tab but it still doesn't work for me for some reason.
I click on generate and under "Connection info" it says "Generating flightplan. This may take a few minutes", and it's been like that for about 10 minutes without loading anything.

Luis

Chris Liu (1001)

Does SimBrief work okay for you in Internet Explorer?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Luis

Sorry I missed your reply, is it working now since the ACARS update?

Luis Nunes (1214)

Hi Chris! Sorry for the late response but i barely had time to touch the computer the last weeks... It actually worked with the update of the ACARS but only once... i have tried it again but nothing shows up for some reason...

Quote from: Chris Liu on Oct 27, 2014 19:37
Does SimBrief work okay for you in Internet Explorer?

Hi Chris. I don't use internet explorer. Only firefox and yes it works perfectly. I have actually been using it through the browser instead of the ACARS since it doesn't work for me

Chris Hulme (1003)

If you dont use Internet Explorer, try clearing history, cookies, cache etc etc within Internet Explorer, as ACARS uses the Internet Explorer add on to communicate with SimBrief.

If this doesnt work let me know....I have a Plan B  ;D