• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Simbrief not generating [Solved]

Started by Dimitri Bespalko, Oct 05, 2015 20:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Hi guys!

I habe some problem with my acars. The thing is that after entering the route and pressing Generate button in Acars nothing happens.... Usually it should load a pdf with all the informations but i hear only a click sound and that's all. Can some one help me?

Solution

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Quote from: Dimitri Bespalko on Oct 05, 2015 20:44
Hi guys!

I habe some problem with my acars. The thing is that after entering the route and pressing Generate button in Acars nothing happens.... Usually it should load a pdf with all the informations but i hear only a click sound and that's all. Can some one help me?

Here is the same issue as I expearing : http://viaintercity.com/forums/acars/simbrief/
I will try to clean cache etc. Do some one know about which solution Chris is talking?

Chris Hulme (1003)

I'll have a look later, probably just sim brief changing their end, simple fix ????

Chris Hulme (1003)

Had a quick look, seems to be something in ACARS will see what I can do to sort it over the next few days

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Thanks!
By the way I tried deleting complete cache etc. this gives no result. IE is loading simbrief page without any problem. I tried running acars under admin rights or under compability mode Win Xp - also no result... Java and net framework is up to date
Hope you will find a solution for this

Chris Liu (1001)

SimBrief have made some changes on their side that require Chris to rewrite some of the code in our ACARS. This may take some time as the changes are substantial.

Once he's finished the rewrite, Intercity ACARS will automatically update.

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Chris Hulme (1003)

Just an update, SimBrief have supplied me with the new code, however I am back in work this week so will try and have a look inbetween shifts to see about getting it setup again.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Further update, had a look at the code and it seems pretty easy to integrate so should have it back up and running by the end of the week at the latest, depends if I get called off standby on Tuesday or not

Chris Hulme (1003)

OK, so got it all working again using the new API.

Few minor changes, when you select a flight you can enter a route or SimBrief will try and generate one for you.

When you are ready click Generate and a small pop up will appear whilst the flightplan generates.

Once it has completed the OFP will appear in the main briefing window as a PDF which can be saved or printed.

If you are having trouble opening it then you need to download Adobe PDF Reader from https://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

Steve Prowse (1046)

Well done Chris can't wait to try it out for my next flight

Cheers
Steve

Steve Prowse (1046)

Chris,
I've just tried to sue simbrief via the ACARs.  Simbrief appears to finish generating the plan, but no PDF is produced.

Cheers

It seems to work if I login into my simbrief account after I click on the generate button.

Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Oct 14, 2015 14:48
Chris,
I've just tried to sue simbrief via the ACARs.  Simbrief appears to finish generating the plan, but no PDF is produced.

Cheers

It seems to work if I login into my simbrief account after I click on the generate button.

Steve

I have fixed it and it should work. It should log you in automatically to our Intercity SimBrief account, if not close ACARS and re-open it and it should log you in

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks for the help mate, but I'm still getting the simbrief login box, after I login with my account it seems to work fine.

Actually this isn't much of problem for me since my AIRAC data is much more up-to-date than intercity's. 

All the very best

Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

Just out of interest do you use Internet Explorer as your default browser?