• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Runtime error

Started by Steve Prowse, Jan 25, 2014 13:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hi Chris,

I'm getting a runtime error and then ACAR closes it has happened twice now, sorry I didn't make a note of the error,  only since today!....I haven't changed anything on my PC....any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Steve Prowse (1046)

I went from EDDL to EPWA and had no problems with ACAR, I did remember that on the morning of the runtime error occurrence I had a windows update...so I uninstalled ACAR and then reinstalled all seems to be well now, so need  for any support on this topic...not that I seemed to be getting any ;D.

Cheers

Chris Liu (1001)

Bear with us Steve, we (by which I mean Chris H  ;D ) are working hard on ACARS v2 which should sort out the recent issues some pilots have been experiencing. And remember that we can always attempt manually recovery of flights that didn't log successfully, providing you let us know.

Intercity ACARS Version 2 has been rewritten in .net to ensure compatibility with modern operating systems and we are testing it at the moment, but obviously we want to make sure we've ironed out what issues we can before we release it.

Steve Prowse (1046)

I know that both of you are up to your eyeballs at the moment, so I thought you two could do with a bit a of joke ;D....if I can help with anything just ask, if I can I will.

Cheers

Chris Hulme (1003)

ACARS V2 is coming along nicely! Just got a few little bits to tweak before we can release it!

And I unfortunately have a life outside of FS! (Cant speak for Mr Liu mind) but I work full time as Cabin Crew for easyJet and have 2 daughters as well! Busy busy busy!

Chris Liu (1001)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Jan 27, 2014 14:23
I unfortunately have a life outside of FS! (Cant speak for Mr Liu mind)
A couple of years ago I probably didn't  ;D but these days I've got a full time job and woman to run, and I've got to swap my car before it terminally breaks on me (getting rid end of this week hopefully, serves me right for buying a Citroen)!