• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Recent flight

Started by Steve Prowse, Jan 13, 2014 14:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

Chris,

Just completed my return leg from LIMJ to EDDL.  I seem to have two problems; 1.  the flight appears on the homepage recent flight box without my pilot number,  but not in my logbook.  2. It seems that the live flight map is still INOP.  Could you add the flight to my logbook please.

Cheers

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Steve

I have updated is for you, did you update Acars to 20130107? I thought I had fixed this bug, if you did could you check that once you have logged in and selected a flight your pilot I'd appears at the top of the flight logging screen (no need to start fs to test this)

Chris

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Steve,

Just checked all of the files on the server and everything seems to be OK.
Could I suggest you uninstall ACARS and re-install from here http://viaintercity.com/downloads/acarsinstall.zip
Let me know how you get on

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Jan 13, 2014 20:47
Hi Steve

could you check that once you have logged in and selected a flight your pilot I'd appears at the top of the flight logging screen (no need to start fs to test this

Chris

thanks Chris for all your help, as you can see my pilot ID or name doesn't appear on the logging screen

This is the version from the link you gave me anyway hope all this helps.

All the best

Steve Prowse (1046)

Chris,

This may help, it seems that I can login to ACAR with any ID and without any password! 

All the best

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Steve

Thats interesting!
Can I confirm you uninstalled and re-installed ACARS for the link before the test?

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hi Chris,
The first time I used the updater, but after that I've uninstalled and then reinstalled many times now, and that's how I noticed that I  could use any ID and leave the Password blank and still login albeit, seemingly,  anonymous. 

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Steve

I have uploaded a further update today, either download it from the link or use the updater and let me know if this solves the problem!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Chris,

I've just updated and I can now see my ID number on the login screen  but no pilot name.  The other thing is I can still login in with no/any password and it seems with any ID number!  Weird.  I haven't tried a flight as yet but will today.   I don't think I'll show up on the live flight page though, but I'll let you know.  I starting to wish I never updated my version which was working well....oh how can I, is it possible to,   stop ACAR looking for an update?
thanks

Steve Prowse (1046)

Just thought You'd like to see this:

As you can see my ID here is HOME,  could be any four letter word or number :o ...and no password required  :o :o  and I'm on the server!!!!!!.
Cheers

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Steve

The ACARS is coded to force an update, this is to ensure everyone is using the most current version!

Ive just seen on the flight page that you are online and seem to be flying?

We are currently working on (close to releasing) a new version of ACARS which has been re-written so hopefully this is stop the anonymous logins! Although I cant seem to replicate logging in with no user ID or password!!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hey Chris,

Yeah just got her back on the ground all in one bit blimey though LEBL is some taxing second only to EHAM  ;D ....yeah all went well no problems with filing the flight log etc....I know it seems strange about the login I'll try again latter on.  Good news about the rewrite I must say I'm enjoying flying the Q400 it's a handful, and flying for intercity is great..... you two  have got a great VA going here and I really appreciate all of your work to keep everything going.  Thanks Chris for all your help. 

All the best

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Jan 16, 2014 13:06
Hey Chris,

Yeah just got her back on the ground all in one bit blimey though LEBL is some taxing second only to EHAM  ;D ....yeah all went well no problems with filing the flight log etc....I know it seems strange about the login I'll try again latter on.  Good news about the rewrite I must say I'm enjoying flying the Q400 it's a handful, and flying for intercity is great..... you two  have got a great VA going here and I really appreciate all of your work to keep everything going.  Thanks Chris for all your help. 

All the best

I fly to Barcelona and Amsterdam on a regular basis with work, if you land on 25R at LEBL we park not far from the turn off point but the taxi out is always long, and same with Amsterdam we normally land 18R and takeoff 25 parking on the "H" Pier! Madrid is also bad for long taxi!

Happy to help with the ACARS, I actually enjoy writing and troubleshooting!