• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

flight log Error

Started by Graham Woodley, Nov 14, 2014 13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Woodley (1054)

Had a nightmare flight ESSA-EGBB - multiple FSX crashes and restarts, finally got it to stay on, but the Airbus had multiple system failures (used to be it would resume with everything running after a FSXSave restart) by anyway, brought it in manualy and was pleased with a -94 TD rate, shut down at the gate, waiting for the ACARS bing which never came, FSX crashed again - ACARS said submitted and logbook shows no flight time.

Don't know if flight time can be recovered?

Sometimes FSX is such a pain in the *rse!

Going for some fresh air!

Chris Liu (1001)

FSX can be cruel and unpredictable mistress at the best of times, that's why I pushed Chris H for the resume feature (he was an FS9 user at the time and had no idea how much FSX crashed out)!

No idea what happened, but your report showed a departure time of 09:62! I've now fixed this so you've got a proper flight time recorded.

Graham Woodley (1054)

Thanks Chris.
Yes I saw 09:62 as well - departure time was 10:02z so something's awry, but we know what they mean.

Sometimes I long for the uncomplicated, carefree days of FS9 and WIN XP.

FSX certainly does display some female traits - the sudden unannounced change to a plan, the long silences that leave you wondering what you did wrong and the interminable wait while it gets ready.

But it does teach you patience and not to take it too seriously  :D

Sean Donno (1110)