• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Multi-leg flights

Started by Michal Rzecznik, Sep 09, 2014 13:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Michal Rzecznik (1127)

Every time after I land somewhere and want to begin next flight I get msg: Turn off eng & set park brake!
(of course I'm at gate, with eng off and brake set - even engines are almost cold). Today I waited for over 30 min at gate and still the same msg.

The only way to fly again is to start over FSX :/

Chris Liu (1001)

Sorry you've had this problem, could you please tell us:

• Did you restart ACARS before starting your new leg?
  • What aircraft type were you flying?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Sometimes reloading the aircraft into the sim works, if you let me know the answers to the above I can try and find a fix

Michal Rzecznik (1127)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Sep 09, 2014 16:07

• Did you restart ACARS before starting your new leg?
  • What aircraft type were you flying?[/l][/l]
1. Yes. After complete flight and sending report I don't have option to choose another one, so I have to restart ACARS.
2. DH8D
Well, it's not so much problem, but it would be awesome if I don't have to restart FSX and start next leg. Main reason is to keep aircraft in it's state after flight - with all first of the day checklist's completed. So, I can live without it, but if You can fix it then why not? :)
[/list]

Graham Bannister (1171)

I had a similar problem. But with FS2 Crew I no longer seem to have the issue.
I don't know if you have it for the DH8, but all I do is send the report. I then exit ACARS, restart ACARS, select the new flight,  then with FS2Crew I hit fast forward and copilot says "ready to start next turn" The I go from there through the process.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Are you using the on/off blocks buttons or is ACARS registering your aircraft state?

Michal Rzecznik (1127)

Auto detect by ACARS. Never had problem with on/off block detection.

And I'm using FS2Crew. After "parking checklist" it is just "before start checklist", and I can run pre-flight.
When You restarted ACARS Have you got the "Turn off eng & set park brake!" message?
If yes, when it disappears? When you hit pre-flight? Or when You fast forward to the end of pre-flight?

After today flight i had to go to work, so didn't have time to check it more deeply, but will do tomorrow.

Michal Rzecznik (1127)

I just arrived to EDDL, and can't fly next leg. Message is still the same.

Chris Liu (1001)

We'll try our best to fix this, but in the mean time you might find that reloading the Q400 will clear the error in ACARS and let the logging start.

Michal Rzecznik (1127)

Tried to do that, but FSX crashed. Maybe next time it will work :P

Chris Hulme (1003)

When checking to see if the engines are off ACARS looks at the fuel flow for engines 1 and 2, so providing the fuel flow is 0 and the parking brake is set, there should be no issue!

It should register these conditions when on stand and shutting down, so must be something inbetween shutting down and then restarting ACARS that is altering the fuel flow, Ill have a test on my machine see what happens!