• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Incomplete first flight

Started by Clive Gulliver, Jun 05, 2015 03:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Hi, I just completed my first flight with ICX, EGBB-EGNT, which went uneventfully except that I had a Vatsim disconnect about half way. But after stopping at the gate and shutting down at EGNT I could not find a way to log the flight complete, only the Quit button. Reloading ACARs I was told that my previous flight was incomplete. Can you log the flight for me and explain what the problem was? My code no was 15060511061344 and aircraft type was the Q400, flight no was ICX404.

Thanks

Clive

Chris Liu (1001)

Welcome aboard Clive! Sorry to hear you've had this issue, I've submitted this flight report for you and it's now available to view in your logbook. ACARS didn't detect your engine start, that's why it wouldn't let you submit the report because it needs that to work out your departure time.

Some users have this issue with the Majestic Q400 so we developed a solution; there is a "manual off/on blocks" tickbox on the Flight Logger screen of ACARS, ticking this disables automatic detection of engines on/off and replaces it with an "Off/On Blocks" button you use to manually tell ACARS instead. NB: Manual Off/On blocks setting cannot be changed once "Begin flight" has been clicked.

Always ensure your park brake set and engines are off when you start ACARS recording.

Clive Gulliver (1344)

OK thanks for that Chris, I will try the magic tickbox. After posting my query I noticed that quite a few others have had the same problem on their first flight, so I'm sure this will fix it.