• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Framework crashed

Started by Steve Prowse, Jan 13, 2015 10:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Prowse (1046)

Chris,

Sorry to say but Framework crashed, not sure why, whilst I was approaching EGPH....I managed to complete the flight and I've attached my EFB log.  Would it be possible for you to do a manual flight log.  Many thanks

Steve

Chris Liu (1001)

Never heard of Microsoft .net framework crashing with our ACARS, if it happens again let us know and we'll look in to it. In the meantime, I have filed your flight and it's now in your logbook  :)

Steve Prowse (1046)

Many thanks Chris, yeah I'm not sure why I've never has it happen before....but I was monitoring my new just installed Coolmaster seidon cooler system...and I was also monitoring the graphic card for temperature etc so I guess it could have been anything really.   

Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

What happened did it close, bring up the end process window?

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on Jan 13, 2015 19:38
What happened did it close, bring up the end process window?

I was just about to land when framework decided to stop working so I didn't take that much notice,  I do remember the nag box asking if I wanted to quit which i did...but anyway I not sure it was ACARs that caused the failure, I had lots of other things running in the background at the same time so it could have been anyone of them, I did check the event viewer but did not find any error reported; does Framework have its own error log?

Thanks for the help Chris

Steve

Chris Hulme (1003)

Im not aware if the .Net Framework has its own log or not, but in future if it ever crashes again dont forget you can "resume" your flight.
If ACARS crashes pause FSX and then reopen ACARS and you will be able to "Resume Flight" and it will continue tracking from where you left off

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks Chris for the tip...hopefully though I won't need it ;D

Cheers

Chris Liu (1001)

Just an update Steve, I managed to recover a map and graph for this flight (ICX11L) and have amended your logbook to include this. The last 10 minutes are missing but everything else is there.

I'd forgotten all about Flight Resume until Chris H mentioned it, which is pretty bad considering I'm suppose to own and run this outfit!

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Jan 15, 2015 12:01
Just an update Steve, I managed to recover a map and graph for this flight (ICX11L) and have amended your logbook to include this. The last 10 minutes are missing but everything else is there.

I'd forgotten all about Flight Resume until Chris H mentioned it, which is pretty bad considering I'm suppose to own and run this outfit!

Thanks Chris for the help .......don't worry about becoming forgetful, yeah it happens with age Chris....????