• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

My new theory

Started by Clive Gulliver, Aug 18, 2015 04:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Gulliver (1344)

I have a theory as to why the ACARS showed me already on blocks when I arrived on stand, thus preventing me from sending my flight log -- a problem I kept encountering until recently. I wonder it was because after vacating the runway I would stop and apply the parking brake to run through the afterlanding checklist, thus making it think I was already on blocks. Then moving off again would be interpreted as a new flight. I have been careful not to do that in my last few flights and it seems to work for me. What do you think?

Chris Hulme (1003)

This shouldn't be the case as ACARS doesn't look for the parking brake to be set on arrival it looks for engine shutdown.

If you have the Manual Blocks buttons enabled after it registers you on the ground it activates the button for you to press and shouldn't register anything other than your position. If you set the park brake it shouldn't have any affect on ACARS.

If you don't have the Manual Blocks button enabled and are using ACARS to recognise when you have finished your flight, it checks that you are on the ground and then looks for the engines to be shutdown before logging the flight,

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks for your input Clive, we're investigating alternative methods for detecting if the aircraft is on the ground, to try and prevent the issues you've been having. The Majestic Q400 can be troublesome as it doesn't use the FSX flight dynamic engine (it's effectively just slewed through the FSX world by NASA's Jsbsim engine).

Clive Gulliver (1344)

OK, Chris and Chris, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Clive Gulliver on Aug 18, 2015 15:47
OK, Chris and Chris, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

Although I do have another theory, now youve said about the park brake and Ive looked through the code! Ill have a double check and get back to you!