• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Weird tracklog map. [Solved]

Started by Petr Witt, Mar 25, 2014 08:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Petr Witt (1124)

Hi, everyone!

Just curious about my tracklog map. Instead of showing the real route flown, it shows a bunch of lines accross the world.  :o Have no idea why. Can you help? Thank you!

Posting a screenshot:

Chris Liu (1001)

I have noticed this on your logs and we're investigating; we've never seen this behaviour before and no idea what is causing it, the altitude graph seems fine but the map is all messed up. The same issue is also affecting Roman Kretzer (1121), so it is possible you both have software that is causing FSUIPC's position reporting to be erroneous.

Intercity ACARS2 is due out in a few days and that may fix the problem, if it doesn't, we'll investigate further.

Petr Witt (1124)

Should it be FSUIPC related, does it make any difference to have FSUIPC registered or not registered as for ACARS operations? Hope this makes a sence... I may re-formulate this sentence.  ???
Petr

Chris Liu (1001)

ACARS works fine with either (registered or free) FS UIPC. The weird map could be caused by a server error or a software conflict but our initial investigations show your and Roman's reports have coordinates in a different format to everyone elses (decimal commas instead of decimal points), we're currently looking for the cause and a fix, stay tuned!

I wonder if you could help us by answering a few questions:

• What units is your FSX set to? (U.S., Hybrid or Metric)
  • What version of FSUIPC are you using?
  • In your Windows regional options, what standard and format is set for numbers (e.g. English (United Kingdom) or French (Switzerland) etc).

Chris Hulme (1003)

Hi Petr

As Chris said we believe it is to do with the coordinates having commas instead of decimals, I am back at work today so will hopefully have a chance to take a look later tonight or tomorrow. If this is the case its an easy enough fix on our backend to stop it occurring again and fix your existing flight reports!

The Google Maps API is very temperamental and everything has to be just right or it won't work properly, which is very frustrating when coding and weeding out errors! I suspect as Chris says above its the way your settings are so if you could let us know it would help. However, I will do my best to fix it server side as we don't expect you to change your settings!

Petr Witt (1124)

Wow, that could be it... I have hybrid units set, FSUIPC4 4.929 and complete Czech localization in W7 (but it is English (UK) based - could this be? Have never seen it to speak French to me.  ???  As for the decimal separator, it is set to symbol "," (comma, right?). Hope it will help somehow.

Thank you very much, gents!
Best regards,
Petr

Sean Donno (1110)

I thought it was a glitch as I saw it last night when I checked the tracker. Mine was fine and showing normal, but the other pilot flying, and I can't remember who it was, was showing similar to your picture  :-\

Chris Hulme (1003)

Petr, thanks for your input I will update the sitr and hopefully weve found the bug! Ill let you know when ive fixed your flight maps!

Petr Witt (1124)

My friends, I truly appreciate your help and concern to solve this issue so quickly. You are gr8! 8)
Petr

Chris Hulme (1003)

Petr its all sorted now! Your map is as it should be!

Turns out was the commas after all! So with a bit of php magic, some find and replace and a little fix added to the ACARS server side, it should work perfectly from here on in :)

Petr Witt (1124)

Chris, you do miracles!  ;)  Outstanding job! Looks perfect now! Thank you very much!
Take good care,
Petr.