• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

EDDL to LSZH

Started by Keith Giannoni, Jul 20, 2014 14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Hi,

Just for info there are two flights very close together to Zurich. ICX834 departs 0745 and then ICX876 departs 0820. There are three other flights to Zurich daily. If this is the planned schedule, then please ignore this post.

Keith

Chris Liu (1001)

This is intentional but unfortunate; I try and space out multiple flights on each route to ensure there is at least a morning flight and afternoon/evening flight.

However, when you have a route with 5 flights a day (like EDDL-LSZH) it can become difficult to achieve ideal time spacing because of the demands from the rest of the flight schedule; routes with only 2-3 flights a day get priority to ensure they have an early, mid and late flight. As DUS-ZUR already has those (0745, 1125, 1330 and 1900), the remaining flights needed to achieve my desired weekly seat capacity (2485) end up being shoved wherever they'll fit (0820)!

You will encounter these scheduling anomalies from time to time; I could achieve better time spacing but the cost would be lower aircraft utilisation, and we all know planes on the ground don't make money! And of course we'd then need additional aircraft (and crew) to fly what is essentially the same flight schedule. As with everything, it all boils down to (virtual) money  :)

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Sounds good to me.

Keith