• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Downtime 28th January 2015, 0800z onwards

Started by Chris Liu, Jan 28, 2015 20:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

You may have noticed the Intercity website was unavailable during Wednesday 28th January 2015 from 0800Z for several hours, with a 500 Internal Server error. This was caused by a problem at our webhost provider and was beyond our control. During the downtime you may have found Intercity ACARS was unable to log your flight, if this happened to you please submit details of your flight to us so that we may add it to your logbook. Please accept our apologises.

Steve Prowse (1046)

I did notice that Chris. I was thinking;  how can we all stay in touch/inform you if something like that happens again?

Steve

Chris Liu (1001)

If our website ever goes down we can still contact you via Facebook and Twitter. In addition, e-mail is not normally affected by website outages. Me and Chris usually check in at least daily so we usually know about any prolonged outages.

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks for the info....I never knew that you had a facebook page...I'm not a member, but it's good to know.

Cheers
steve

Chris Liu (1001)

Oh yeah, we're totally down with this new hip social media vibe  ::) To be honest we don't get a choice, it's almost obligatory to get on Twitter and Facebook and post regularly, if we want to come up well in search engine results these days.