Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Newest addition to the flight decks!
« Last post by Chris Liu on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 15:28 »
That's a cool setup, my CFO would probably allow it but I doubt my bank manager would!
« Last post by Gerald Plotts on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 15:20 »
Thanks Chris. The top picture is the flight deck that I typically will do all my q400 flights on, the bottom picture is my main flight deck that I do the jets on. It's laid out for the 737-800 with the throttles and avionics, with the overhead panel to complement it. Fortunately my CFO (wife)  graciously does not inhibit my flight time.  :D :D
« Last post by Chris Hulme on Mon 20 Aug 2018, 12:11 »
Thats a pretty nice setup you've got there!
General Discussion / Re: Crazy cat flight
« Last post by Chris Liu on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 18:44 »
I have similar problems with my wife :D
General Discussion / Crazy cat flight
« Last post by Gerald Plotts on Sat 18 Aug 2018, 15:13 »
Took off this morning with what I thought was going to be an uneventful flight. Since I flight with a connected laptop and WideFS, I don't always see what happens in the background. My cat loves to climb on my desk and "be my co-pilot", but his morning managed to drop my gear and disconnect LNav. As a consequence I flew about 300 miles out of the way and had to correct, including a mid air re-fueling. (Not easy in the q400 I might add). He didn't like being led away in kitty cuffs

Attached is a pic showing what he caused.
Cheers Chris, can you also check max cruise altitude, sure I had a 26000ft come up the other day but didn't keep the file.

Thanks
Sean
I've checked the profile and it seems it defaults within simbrief and that whilst you can select a different one theyre all more than the dash cruise speed. I will follow up with an email to simbrief
General Discussion / Newest addition to the flight decks!
« Last post by Gerald Plotts on Thu 09 Aug 2018, 10:51 »
Added some new stuff. Controls from http://www.desktopaviator.com/index.htm and a new 737 throttle quadrant from https://www.fsxthrottle.com/

I’ll check which profile were using when generating them, however this could be an issue I need to raise with simbrief themselves.
I noticed today having completed my first flight from Southampton to Edinburgh and taking too long, that the Cruise Speed for the Dash 8 was being given as 322knots - N0322F180.

Am I reading this wrong because even when I give the routing into ACARS for the reverse journey as:

EGPH N0236F190 TLA6C TLA N864 DCS UN864 SUBUK DCT KEPAD UL151 PEPUL EAS1E EGHI

The resulting OFP comes back with: N0322F190.

Any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

Sean
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10