Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
News / Re: Feeling old
« Last post by Niall Kavanagh on Wed 22 May 2019, 19:49 »
Congrads Intercity!!!

Niall
Events and charters / [Sat 18 May 0800-1230z VATSIM] Eurovision
« Last post by Chris Liu on Fri 17 May 2019, 01:53 »
This event is being held in conjunction with other virtual airlines. In preparation for the Eurovision Song Content in Israel we are flying a charter from London Heathrow to Tel Aviv on the morning of Saturday 18th May 2019. VATSIM ATC coverage is being arranged for departure and arrival.

Departure Airport : London Heathrow (EGLL)   Departure Time: 08:00 ZULU
Arrival Airport : Tel Aviv (LLBG)   Arrival Time : 12:30 ZULU
Equipment: A320

Please place the following within your flight plan remarks: VASOPS

If you are joining us online you'll need to use your pilot ID number as your callsign on VATSIM, but ACARS will use the charter number which is ICX1EU.

There is a Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/events/352166528767573/ where you can register interest and get updates.

Suggested routing: DET UL6 DVR UL9 KONAN UL607 MATUG DCT BOMBI DCT TENLO DCT LAMSI DCT SASAL DCT INVED/N0450F350 L606 OVDOT M748 OSTOV DCT ADORU UG80 EKI UL854 KULAR UT39 TOMBI DCT IDAKU DCT SOLIN
Flight Levels : 330/350/370/390
Events and charters / Re: ICC Cricket World Cup Finals
« Last post by Chris Liu on Fri 17 May 2019, 01:48 »
Sounds great Graham, post a reminder in here nearer the time and we'll get something up in Discord and on Facebook too :)
ACARS / Re: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later question
« Last post by Chris Liu on Sun 12 May 2019, 21:21 »
Hi Jan, welcome aboard!

You can use the Jetstream 32 as a substitute but I don't know how the performance compares to the Jetstream 41 so you could end up with late arrivals, I think the Saab 340 (LES or Carenado) is a better fit in terms of performance. I am just painting the FlightFactor A320 but I can't find any paintkits for the FlyJSim Q400, as soon as I get one I will paint that too.

Intercity ACARS requires Microsoft .Net 4.5.1 or later. Many of our pilots are using Windows 10, possibly with .Net 4.6.1 which is a direct replacement for 4.5.1.
ACARS / Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 or later question
« Last post by Jan Naslund on Sun 12 May 2019, 14:40 »
Hello,

I am a new member as from today :)

I am using xplane11 and my plan was to get the FlyJSim-Dash8-Q400 and use that. I also wanted to fly the J41 but I couldn't find a Jetstream 41 for xplane11. However, there is a Jetstream 32 available for purchase on x-plane.org. Would it be ok to fly that instead until there is a J41 available for xplane11?

Now to my real question. I have Windows 10 Home edition and when I checked my Microsoft.NET version it is 4.0.

On the download link for 4.5 I didn't find Windows 10 under system requirements. I see this:
Supported Operating System
Windows 7 Service Pack 1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 2 

Can I still download and use ACARS without having the 4.5 version?

Best Regards / Jan
General Discussion / Re: Numbers
« Last post by Robert Yunque on Sun 12 May 2019, 05:29 »
Hello,
Just wanted to say that I've been very busy with my work and it is a bit of a struggle to find time to enjoy on the flight sim.
I operate my own business and there are times that I will still be working after eight o'clock.
I do vehicle wraps and sometimes I have my driveway full of trucks and vans to wrap, yet I am always thinking that I need to get some flights in.  I love flight simulation, whether it is P3D or X-Plane.
I appreciate the short flights and lenient requirements that comes with Intercity AV. ;)
Thank you,
Bob (1548)
Events and charters / ICC Cricket World Cup Finals
« Last post by Graham Bannister on Mon 06 May 2019, 13:43 »
Good Day fellow pilots

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 is coming up.
The finals will be held at Lords on Sunday 14th July.

Who would be keen on taking part in a major fly in from ALL over the UK into EGLC on Saturday July 13th to take spectators into London to see the event.

Lets try and have a day when every single one of our pilots fly in to EGLC on this day.

Based on response, time and other particulars can be arranged and then we can also speak with Vatsim and IVAO to have ATC coverage (Radar, TYower, Ground at most if not all of the departure airports and of course EGLC.

Give me your thoughts guys.
Lets have Intercity soaring on that day

News / Re: Feeling old
« Last post by Graham Bannister on Sun 05 May 2019, 16:15 »
Congratulations to everyone who make this experience possible.
Best VA around.
News / Feeling old
« Last post by Chris Liu on Sat 04 May 2019, 18:55 »

Intercity opened its doors May 4th 2013 (this is our 5th Star Wars day!); we're celebrating 6 years, 790 pilots, 12500 hours, 7700 flights and 3400 forum posts. As always, a big thanks to all our dedicated pilots, past, present and future! I think the airline has aged better than me in the last 6 years ;D
General Discussion / Re: Numbers
« Last post by Chris Liu on Sat 04 May 2019, 10:04 »
To encourage people back to flying our systems automatically emails pilots when they become inactive and again 30 days before they're deactivated, although sometimes these will end up being caught by spam filters.

Unfortunately one has to accept some natural wastage (folk get bored, move on to other types of flying, their circumstances change so they have less time, summer comes and they'd rather be outdoors) and try to replace those with new pilots. 

Much of our fortunes with regard to pilot recruitment and retention are tied to what's in vogue at the moment, there's been no major addon releases applicable to us lately as all the hype is around VFR scenery and widebodies. Things might change when the E jets come out. I'm also trying to develop our Xplane offering.

Always happy to hear from pilots what they'd like to see :) although it does need to fit in with our ethos, we can't be all things to all people and we have an established sector we're known for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10