• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Scheduled Dep And Arr Times Are Zulu (Utc)

Started by Chris Liu, Aug 30, 2013 13:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

Just a reminder to everyone that times on the schedules are given in GMT (aka UTC or Zulu time), which is one hour behind BST (British Summer Time) and two hours behind CEST (Central European Summer Time). I'm mentioning this because many logged flights are departing and arriving exactly one hour late!

Intercity ACARS will record your on-time performance (OTP) and we then measure that against the schedules, but we don't score or penalise you for being early or late, and we don't require you to fly at the schedule time.

We only provide this information so pilots who want to can track their OTP; it would seem many of you want to fly according to the scheduled times and be punctual but end up being an hour late because of ambiguity over the times in the schedule.

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Roger that boss.

Ps do you have your PPL Chris? Was wondering from your avatar.

I have booked my LST for my PPL on tuesday as it had lapsed by 5 years.

Chris Liu (1001)

Nope, unfortunately I had to spend the money on other things, but I will revisit and complete it when I can. However, several of our members have ATPLs, including Tom Harrison who obtained his 737 type rating about two weeks ago. Our members are of the finest calibre it would seem :lol: Good luck with the LST!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Would love to have a crack at the 737. Just have to put up with a knackered old 152 that is older than me!!