• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

PFPX Package Update for November

Started by Sergio De Ceglie, Nov 01, 2015 12:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

I have updated the Intercity PFPX package to coincide with the release of the Intercity Autumn/Winter 2015-2016 schedule. I have also taken the opportunity to include a couple of new fields into the OFP template that have been made available with a recent PFPX update. This brings it closer to the real world version it's based on. Please note you will need the latest PFPX version 1.23.

The November Intercity PFPX package update includes the following changes:

• Schedule updated to Autumn/Winter 2015-2016
  • NATS UK & Ireland Standard Routes updated from October NATS SRD
  • Tropopause field added to OFP
  • MORA (Minimum Off-Route Altitude) field added to OFP Navlog
If the MORA values in the Navlog show UKN then please refer to this post for a solution.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/99300-grid-mora-unknown-unk/#comment-703418

I have sent the package to Chris for upload to the Downloads section of the website. If you want any more information or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
Serge

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hi Sergio,

I see that aerosoft have got PFPX, in their sale, 25% off.  I'm giving this some serious thought now.......thanks for keeping this up to date.

All the best

Chris Liu (1001)

Uploaded, available from the downloads page as per usual. Thanks again Serge  :)

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Steve,

Don't forget that even without the Aerosoft Sale Intercity pilots are eligible to a 20% discount on certain Aerosoft products, PFPX included.

http://viaintercity.com/forums/discounts/aerosoft-20-off-selected-items/

Cheers,
Serge

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Nov 01, 2015 15:20
Hi Sergio,

I see that aerosoft have got PFPX, in their sale, 25% off.  I'm giving this some serious thought now.......thanks for keeping this up to date.

All the best

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Sergio De Ceglie on Nov 02, 2015 02:45
Steve,

Don't forget that even without the Aerosoft Sale Intercity pilots are eligible to a 20% discount on certain Aerosoft products, PFPX included.

http://viaintercity.com/forums/discounts/aerosoft-20-off-selected-items/

Cheers,
Serge

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Nov 01, 2015 15:20
Hi Sergio,

All the best

Nice one Serge I missed that, or forgot about it, must be an age related thing...my wife keeps telling me I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!!

Just had a quick look over at  aerosoft it seems I can get it for just over 30 euros not too bad...but one thing I did notice in the spec was no mention of W10.  Is there any info about its comparability with W10? 

Cheers

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Nov 02, 2015 04:00
Just had a quick look over at  aerosoft it seems I can get it for just over 30 euros not too bad...but one thing I did notice in the spec was no mention of W10.  Is there any info about its comparability with W10? 

Steve,

I run PFPX on my Windows 10 laptop (I did the free upgrade from Windows 7) and it runs fine.

Cheers,
Serge

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks Serge, that's good enough for me...I will be getting it shortly....standby for lots of help requests.. ???

Cheers

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

No worries Steve. Fire Away.  :)

Cheers,
Serge

Steve Prowse (1046)

Well it's on the HD....and it seems to work fine on W10, time will tell though,  got it for just over 31 Euro (no VAT).  Now the manual 80 pages not too bad :'(

Cheers

Steve Prowse (1046)

I've downloaded your PFPX package Serge and followed the provided readme PDF file which an excellent guide itself.  I can say that all has gone well thus far.  I can only thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into providing this VA with such an excellent resource I can only wonder how long all this took you.

I'm on a steep learning curve now but enjoying looking at something new.

Many thanks

Steve 

Chris Liu (1001)

On a side note, it seems likely I'll be adding some (mainly Alpine) winter destinations for December, which should provide some variety for the JS41 drivers amongst you, offering up some new challenging approaches over stunning scenery  :)

I really want Lugano LSZA with its 6.65' ILS on our schedule, but I'm not sure they've customs there (which would restrict it to EDDL only), and more important if the JS41 will handle anything steeper than EGLC's 5.5' (given you have to be pretty much landing configured and maintain VREF+10 throughout the glidepath). Other operators are managing to get Q400 and S2000 in, although I wonder if they're using the 4.4' visual approach PAPI.

I'm considering 16 airports overall but less than half will probably make the final cut, as I need to see what a realistic service pattern would be.

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Quote from: Steve Prowse on Nov 03, 2015 11:30
I've downloaded your PFPX package Serge and followed the provided readme PDF file which an excellent guide itself.  I can say that all has gone well thus far.  I can only thank you for all the time and effort that you have put into providing this VA with such an excellent resource I can only wonder how long all this took you.

I'm on a steep learning curve now but enjoying looking at something new.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve, one thing I have just noticed is that the aircraft type column no longer appears in the Schedule tab as noted in the readme. It appears the column has been removed with a recent PFPX update and I never picked it up. Not sure why it was removed as it was quite useful. Anyway I have made another schedule which uses the aircraft rego so when you select a flight to plan, the correct aircraft is already selected. This will only work if you have placed all the intercity aircraft profiles into PFPX as outlined in section 4 of the readme. If you have already imported the intercity schedule, delete it and import the schedule attached to this post. I hope it all make sense.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this or PFPX in general.

Cheers,
Serge

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Quote from: Chris Liu on Nov 03, 2015 11:42
On a side note, it seems likely I'll be adding some (mainly Alpine) winter destinations for December, which should provide some variety for the JS41 drivers amongst you, offering up some new challenging approaches over stunning scenery  :)

I really want Lugano LSZA with its 6.65' ILS on our schedule, but I'm not sure they've customs there (which would restrict it to EDDL only), and more important if the JS41 will handle anything steeper than EGLC's 5.5' (given you have to be pretty much landing configured and maintain VREF+10 throughout the glidepath). Other operators are managing to get Q400 and S2000 in, although I wonder if they're using the 4.4' visual approach PAPI.

I'm considering 16 airports overall but less than half will probably make the final cut, as I need to see what a realistic service pattern would be.

The winter destinations sound good Chris. I must admit that I struggle with the JS41 into London City at 5.5° so I hope the company has good insurance if it expects me to bring a JS41 into Lugano at 6.65°.  :o

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks Serge just downloaded the update.....all going well at the moment :o

Steve

Dimitri Bespalko (1358)

Quote from: Sergio De Ceglie on Nov 01, 2015 12:48
I have updated the Intercity PFPX package to coincide with the release of the Intercity Autumn/Winter 2015-2016 schedule. I have also taken the opportunity to include a couple of new fields into the OFP template that have been made available with a recent PFPX update. This brings it closer to the real world version it's based on. Please note you will need the latest PFPX version 1.23.

The November Intercity PFPX package update includes the following changes:

• Schedule updated to Autumn/Winter 2015-2016
  • NATS UK & Ireland Standard Routes updated from October NATS SRD
  • Tropopause field added to OFP
  • MORA (Minimum Off-Route Altitude) field added to OFP Navlog
If the MORA values in the Navlog show UKN then please refer to this post for a solution.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/99300-grid-mora-unknown-unk/#comment-703418

I have sent the package to Chris for upload to the Downloads section of the website. If you want any more information or if you have any suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,
Serge

Hi guys, I cannot find the flight from EDDL to LHBP in the PFPX after updating to winter schedule....