• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Majestic Q400 v1.010 update

Started by Chris Liu, Jul 24, 2014 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

Majestic have released a new update for the MJC-8 Q400 Pilot Edition, version 1.010.

This update is available directly from Majestic at http://majesticsoftware.com:8080/majesticSec/pages/orderStatus.jsp

QuoteThe following issues are addressed in this version:

1. Prepar3D V2.2 compatibility
2. New simplified scripting format is introduced
3. Glideslope and DME receivers will add accuracy by using the newly added by Navigraph Glideslope and DME antenna data
4. Numerous performance related fixes
5. FMS airway listing and procedure joining fixes
6. Improved compatibility with multiplayer by using the standard lights assignments for taxi/landing/nav lights
Oleksiy Frolov

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Patch released for the Dash. Be warned! When you load it, it will wipe the Intercity Dash from the folder and restore the original view panels. So you will need to reinstall/update the aircraft cfg for Intercity and reset the ASN hot key 5 if you use it.

Best,

Keith

(PS Of course I may have just loaded it incorrectly!!!)

Keith Giannoni (1101)

New patch available. BEWARE!!!! Unless I installed this incorrectly, the patch once installed will wipe out any other liveries than the ones with the download. I have just also found out my save flight plans (and there were a few!!!) seem also to have been wiped out. Might be a good idea to save a complete copy of your Dash folder before you add the patch. Knowing it is dangerous to assume, but have the settings via the control panel also been set to default?

Best,

Keith

Chris Liu (1001)

That's correct Keith, I forgot to pop up my usual reminder to everyone:

Please copy your Q400 texture folders, aircraft.cfg and mjc84.ini outside of your FSX folders.

I believe all the settings for the control panel are in mjc84.ini, so if you haven't backed that up it's possible you lost those too  :(

Keith Giannoni (1101)

New patch released but BEWARE!!

After I updated, I found that my Dash liveries, Flight Plans and Controls had been overwritten and/or returned to default! I contacted Support who confirmed that sometimes custom settings might be lost. See their swift response to me.

'Unfortunately sometimes the patch will contain updated copies
of the files, and some of your custom settings or changes might be lost.
However it was not supposed to overwrite the mjc84.ini file, so flight
controls should generally be intact. If they aren't - please accept our
apologies.

For the sake of having a clean installation, I would suggest to download
the version 1.010 installer from the support->User Area on our website
and use that installer.'

Save your important data before installing the patch.

Regards,

Keith

Sean Donno (1110)