• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Happy Birthday to us!

Started by Chris Liu, May 04, 2014 11:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

That's right, it's not just Star Wars day ("May the 4th be with you" etc) but today is also Intercity's first birthday, we officially started external recruitment this date last year  ;D

But the Intercity story goes back further than 12 months. Me, Chris, Paul and Tom have all known each other for at least a decade or so now and worked together on numerous other flight sim projects (e.g. in a previous life I was a VATSIM ATC examiner). Basically, you're in experienced hands  ::)

We partially built a website, painted a fleet and did some scheduling for a different airline back in 2009 but we never got  to the point of launch, mainly because the thing was just too damn big! However we did recycle a lot of the work into Intercity, here's a slideshow from February 2013 when we we're still finalising a name, logo and livery, which I hope you'll find interesting:

Once again, we'd like to extend our sincere thanks to everyone that had the faith and trust to sign up and fly with us during our first year  :) We have achieved much in our first 12 month and we've got some exciting plans for the next 12.

Graham Woodley (1054)

Happy Birthday!

Thanks to the Chrisses and everyone who has made Intercity possible - long may we continue and go from strength to strength.

Chris I'm in this afternoon if you're driving cake around the country  ;D

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Can't believe a year has gone so quickly. Having a great time here at ICX.  Looking forward to the next 12 months. Best wishes all.

Chris Liu (1001)

Quote from: Graham Woodley on May 04, 2014 12:52
I'm driving it around the Peak District if you're up this way lol

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Liu on May 04, 2014 13:53
Quote from: Graham Woodley on May 04, 2014 12:52
I'm driving it around the Peak District if you're up this way lol

Yeah not had one year here yet, July I think, anyhow thanks for a great VA long may we continue....oh on the subject of cake any chance of posting a slice or two to sunny Malaysia?? ;D

Sean Donno (1110)

Happy Birthday Intercity  ;D

Many thanks to the management team for producing and maintaining a great VA  8)

Bill Ant (1076)

Happy Late Birthday Intercity!!!  Good job guys!  ;)

Bill
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/