• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

FS Labs A320 release date

Started by Chris Liu, Aug 17, 2016 22:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

If you haven't already heard, Flight Sim Labs' A320 will be released to "early adopters" tomorrow evening on a first come first served basis, with a general FSX release to follow shortly; it's priced at $100+tax and there's a $10 discount for early adopters. P3D dates not yet given, expect it to be at least a few months, it will cost more although there will be an ability to "upgrade" instead of a complete repurchase.

In terms of Intercity, you are of course welcome to fly it on any of our A32S flights and we don't anticipate any compatibility problems with ACARS, although if anything does crop up we'll be on hand to help, as always  :) just e-mail us or post in the forums. I shall paint Intercity textures as soon as possible, although the paint kit has not been released yet so I can't say when that will be, in the meantime please use Airbus factory house colours supplied by FSLabs.

Chris Liu (1001)

So the "early adopter" version sold out in 8 minutes, did any here get lucky?

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

It's an interesting release strategy FS Labs have taken for their A320. A year ago I would have been dead keen on this but as I don't get to sim much these days and at a converted cost of at least A$130 I just can't justify purchasing it (when it becomes available again). I'll just have to stick with the Aerosoft 'buses for now although I will still keep an eye on the FS Labs A320 out of interest.

Cheers,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

It's even more expensive here because of VAT/GST! It's a lot to pay for a novelty; I don't mean that to demean Fs Labs achievements, but I'd fly it a bit, be amazed by everything, the automation, depth and all the features, then get bored and go back to more involving turboprops, especially given that like yourself I don't get much time for simming. 5 years ago I'd have gobbled it up but these days my tastes have "matured" lol, I feel Airbus flying can be something of a spectator sport, which is fine if that's what someone enjoys.

Having said all that I downloaded the paint kit and have done a basic paint quite quickly but can't test it yet as I don't know anyone who owns it!

Jordan Ridener (1103)

I was able to purchase it, if you would like i'd be happy to test it out.

Chris Liu (1001)

We're getting there with Jordan's help. Here's a preview:

Not bad to say that's the first time it's ever been applied to the model! Although I'm not happy with the overall look tbh; the curve at the front is too high up and ends slightly too close to the nose. The rear is much better, so now I've got try and fix the front without breaking the back! Otherwise general alignment is not too bad, there's nothing that's going to be hideously difficult in that regard.

Steve Prowse (1046)

I see it's on sale to one and all now.....but at around £80+ you have to be a real fan I guess to fork out that sort of money.  I'm sure FSlabs are going to sell thousands, but I don't think I'm going for it, but who knows ;)

Cheers
Steve

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Bit steep for me and I agree with Chris; bit of a sit and watch clouds job.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Whilst Chris is busy painting the FSLabs A320, I have added the FSLabs house livery to the approved aircraft list for ACARS so you can use it to log your flights!
Ive tested the bus with ACARS and not had any issues, happy flying!