• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Charity 24 hour flying challenge [Sat 14th Jan]

Started by Chris Liu, Jan 01, 2017 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

• The event starts at 7am on Saturday 14th January 2017 till 7am on Sunday 14th January 2017 (all times UTC/GMT/Zulu). There are 12 back-to-back flights across Europe and you can fly as few or many as you like. The event will be streamed live over Twitch.

• This year we're hoping to raise over £500 for Aerobility, a registered charity dedicated to helping those with disabilities get into the skies.  Last year the event raised £200 for Teenager Cancer Trust.

Route details at http://charity.ukvirtual.co.uk/route/

Donate at https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/24challenge this is completely commission free and 100% of your donation goes to Aerobility.

•  Confirm your attendance by replying here with your desired legs and aircraft type. If you have Facebook, you can additionally confirm attendance by clicking here. We ask those who are participating to donate £2 per flight completed, in return UK Virtual will do all the flight planning, arrange VATSIM ATC coverage and sponsorship. I will confirm details regarding callsigns closer to the event date.

Chris Hulme (1003)

The flights have been added into ACARS ready for the event. I have given them each their own flight number starting at ICX15A. You can find them easily on the day by checking the Charter box on ACARS.

The aircraft type has been set to A32S, as the timings have been made with jets in mind, however you are free to fly any ICX aircraft of your choice.

If multiple pilots are taking part then we recommend using your Pilot ID when flying online, to avoid duplicate callsigns.

I will hopefully be attending for the first few legs (So long as I dont get called off standby!), hope to see some of you there!

Chris Liu (1001)

I am pleased to report that thus far the event has raised £502, exceeding the target! Thanks to everybody who flew or donated.

A huge thank you from Aerobility! Every pound we raise is used to get disabled and profoundly ill people into the air – enabling, inspiring and genuinely changing lives through the magic of flight. 

We would love to keep you updated on the projects your donation is making possible, along with the charity's progress, events and news. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Thank you again and welcome to the Aerobility family.

Mike Miller-Smith, CEO.