• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Boeing 777s at Heathrow next week

Started by Chris Liu, Apr 01, 2015 10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

EDIT: April fool! Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up but I really can't bring myself to schedule any longhaul flights! Besides, we'd have to change the name from intercity to intercontinent and then shorten it to incontinent...

We are proud to announce that our first PMDG Boeing 777-300ERs will start flying next week from our new longhaul base at London Heathrow, because we're bored of just doing shorthaul. All destinations will be at least five hours duration and include:

• New York
  • Los Angeles
  • Dallas Fort Worth
  • San Francisco
  • Luton Airport Parkway
  • The Metropolitan Borough of Wakefield
  • Chicago
  • Atlanta

• Hong Kong
  • Tokyo
  • Sydney
  • Wigan Pier
  • Seoul
  • Singapore
  • Weston-Super-Mare

• São Paulo
  • Rio de Janerio
  • My mate Dave's house
  • Toronto
  • Vancouver
  • New Delhi
  • Toddington Services (M1 South)
  • Dubai
  • Johannesburg
To celebrate such a momentous addition we've got a special Boeing/Intercity hybrid promotional livery which I'm still prototyping. Screenshots to follow soon!

EDIT: April fool! Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up but I really can't bring myself to schedule any longhaul flights! Intercity will always be about shorthaul that keeps you busy throughout the flight. Besides, we'd have to change the name from intercity to intercontinent and then shorten it to incontinent...

Steve Prowse (1046)

now what day is it........nice one Chris you very nearly got me at it you.........

All the best

Steve

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Good call, as I think the timing is right for some expansion both in fleet and destinations. Sadly, my preferred choice is short haul of approximately two hour legs or less, so not something that will work for me. Great choice of aircraft. Can I ask we consider maybe allowing the 777 to fly some of our European routes in due course? They are quite a work horse on such distances as we know. I am a big PMDG fan. (Airbus not in my hangar). Good work, Chris!

Keith

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Keith Giannoni on Apr 01, 2015 11:52
Good call, as I think the timing is right for some expansion both in fleet and destinations. Sadly, my preferred choice is short haul of approximately two hour legs or less, so not something that will work for me. Great choice of aircraft. Can I ask we consider maybe allowing the 777 to fly some of our European routes in due course? They are quite a work horse on such distances as we know. I am a big PMDG fan. (Airbus not in my hangar). Good work, Chris!

Keith

nah Keith you'll be fine mate on the Weston route but landing on the beech down there might be tricky....... ;D ;D   ;)

oh Chris can you let me have the charts for your mate Dave's house....cheers  :D

Bill Ant (1076)

Wow!   Didn't see that coming!  Nice.
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Nice one, Steve. Need a jet. En route to Dusseldorf from Bologna. 110 knot head wind. Going backwards in the Dash ground speed 240knots!!. Might be there for breakfast in the morning!!

Keith

Chris Liu (1001)

I'll instruct Dusseldorf catering to start smoking a breakfast kipper for you Keith, should be ready by the time you get there  :) Just think how fast an outbound leg will be, you'll be doing over 450 kts ground speed!

Steve, chart for My mate Dave's house is below, he's a bit of a film buff:

Keith Giannoni (1101)

The Force is strong with this one!!

K

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Nice, one and I'm glad I was fooled as it's kicked me into buying the AS Airbus set! Trawling through the tutorials and printing checklists, all good. Now on line and sweating!.

Keith