• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Autumn/Winter 2016-2017 (new routes)

Started by Chris Liu, Oct 31, 2016 10:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

The new schedule is live and there's been some significant changes:

1) Added 10 minutes to all London City inbound flights to account for the STAR extensions imposed earlier this year. An unfortunate side effect is that the frequency on some routes has been reduced otherwise aircraft would arrive after the airport had closed but we are looking at ways to reinstate these.

2) To maintain realism, 2 routes have ceased:
London City to/from Tarbes Lourdes Pyrenees. Düsseldorf to/from Biarittz.

3) Over the previous few months we have taken delivery of 6 airframes; 2x A320, 3x Q400 plus 1x used JS41. These have been deployed across the network to increase frequency on our busiest sectors and also start 38 new routes:

• Birmingham DH8D to/from: Bergen, Verona, Bergamo.
  • Birmingham A320 to/from: Bilbao, Turin and Bologna.
  • Düsseldorf JS41 to/from: Linz, Grennoble, Salzburg and Rennes.
  • Düsseldorf DH8D to/from: Salzberg, Karlstad, Jonkoping, Verona and Bergamo.
  • Düsseldorf A320 to/from: Pisa.
  • Edinburgh DH8D to/from: Bremen, Bergen and Strasbourg.
These are covered by aircraft daily duties 126 to 131. This means the total number of routes available is now approximately 529!

Notes) A new PFPX package should be available in a few days, with our sincere thanks as ever being extended to Sergio De Ceglie. The interactive Route Map already shows the new routes.

Chris Liu (1001)

The updated PFPX package is now available from the downloads page  :) It's superb as ever, thanks Serge!

I've also updated the About Us and Fleet pages to reflect the expanded schedule.

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Good to see more sectors available. I was thinking of suggesting a new route from EGPH to EKVG in the Faroes, but perhaps that wouldn't be very realistic either (I just like flying the approach!)

Chris Liu (1001)

Whenever I look at the route map I always see that big patch over the Faroe Islands and Iceland that's devoid of any markers and I think "wouldn't it be cool to fly there?". But then I remember how low the passengers numbers were when I ran them (the Faroes only get 275,000 pax/year and Atlantic Airways already fly to Edinburgh during the summer, although it can't be very frequent as they've only got 3 aircraft)!

However I don't see why we couldn't organise a temporary charter at some point using the Q400 from either EDI or BHX, try and coincide it with a VATSIM or IVAO event... Just post in the forums when you think it'd be a good time to do it  :)

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Thanks Chris, I'll keep that in mind.