• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

100 pilots!

Started by Chris Liu, Jan 19, 2014 17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

In just over six months, 100 people have successfully passed the entrance exam and become an Intercity pilot, here's to the next one hundred!

Oh and of course a big welcome to our one hundredth pilot, Rj Jewell :)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Welcome to our 100th member! This really is the best virtual Airline I have ever belonged to and I have been in a few high profile ones.
The enjoyment factor coupled with the excellent albeit challenging MJC Q400 really has been a breath of fresh air.

So yes, here's to the next 100 and see you in the skies!

Ben

Steve Prowse (1046)

Congratulations to all those involved with the running of this great VA!  Long may it continue and I'm sure we'll get to the next 100 vps in double quick time.  In terms of organization, this is as good as it gets, the web site is great to look at and is easy to navigate....it is well maintained and we all get great support.  All in all a great place to fly.....and a great community to be part of.  Thanks to Chris and Chris.

All the best

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks chaps  :) Myself, Chris, Paul and Tom really appreciate your continued support and it means a lot to us. We're all veterans of flight sim and hopefully that shows in how we run things.

100 pilots is a proud milestone for us and one we weren't sure we'd ever reach; recruiting pilots in to a niche and fictional airline isn't easy but we decided we wanted the freedom to realise our vision without constraints. Besides, there are too many VAs out there that are difficult to distinguish between and only last 3 months (usually flying about 20 different types in a naff paintjob from loads of bases but with no proper schedules :D or using a real airline's name without permission who then shuts it down)

There's lots for the faithful to look forward to this year; ACARS v2 is progressing well, the charter system is completed and ready for any special events we want to throw at it and looking at my Chinese desk calendar I see that 2014 is the year of the Airbus ::)

When we've got 200 pilots, you guys can brag you were in the first 50! To be honest I'm secretly proud of my VATSIM ID as it's one of the older 6 digit ones  ;D

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Damn I have a 6 digit one too. Makes me feel old :-\

Chris Liu (1001)

At least yours starts with a 9, my VATSIM ID started with an 8 which makes me really old (although I'm using a 9 one now because I lost the details of my original, whoopsie ::) and then earned my C1 on the newer ID). We're VATSIM veterans!

Benjamin Hall (1007)

8 makes you practically a pensioner Chris  ;D