• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Will P3Dv4 be a Problem?

Started by Robert Yunque, May 27, 2017 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Yunque (1548)

Hello,
I know that the J41 unfortunately probably will never see P3Dv.4, but I haven't heard if or when the Majestic Q400 will be ported over to 64bit.
I have been away for a while.  I went to San Diego for a couple of weeks, then came home and got sick with a respiratory infection while still trying to catch up on my work (which never lets up).
I will be getting P3Dv4 as soon as it is released, even if I just hold on to it for a while, because I will have to keep v.3 loaded on my computer so I can catch up on Intercity flights.
How is it looking for the new 64bit P3D and Intercity Airlines?

Thank you,
Bob

Chris Hulme (1003)

P3D 64 bit was only announced the other day and I can't see any mention of it on the Majestic forums but it's still early days so it's hard to say. I'm sure they will port it over but it could take time, I'm not familiar with coding FS aircraft but it might not be such a simple process to move it over?

I doubt the JS41 will be ported over. I'm sure however for our Airbus pilots the FSL will.

So long as there is a FSUIPC for P3D 64Bit our ACARS will work no issue.

Robert Yunque (1548)

Hello Chris,
Yes, Pete Dawson said that he will be making a FSUIPC5 for P3Dv4 pretty soon (reg. version will be paid upgrade) and FSLabs has been working on their 64bit version, but we're still probably looking at weeks, maybe months for it.
PMDG will be porting some of their products pretty quick, but I probably won't start using it myself until the Q400 and FSLabs A320 are working. I would miss these aircraft too much.
I don't seem to have any problems with OOMs and my P3D simulator is running fantastic, especially since I dropped in a GTX1080Ti.  What an improvement!

Bob

Robert Yunque (1548)

I see that Majestic also says that they are working on updating to 64bit, but it may take them a while because they have that program that runs outside the sim that has to be updated too.

Bob

Chris Liu (1001)

FSUIPC5 has been out a while now, but as none of our fleet are in P3Dv4 yet haven't had the chance to test Intercity ACARS2 with it. There's no reason to believe it shouldn't work, but we'll see.

PMDG very recently announced the Jetstream 41 will soon be in 64 bit, with screenshots at http://viaintercity.com/forums/bae-jetstream-41-(bae-js4100)/pmdg-j41-and-p3d-v2-2-5v-is-it-possiple-or-will-be/msg3483/#msg3483 It seems likely this will be the first of our fleet available for P3Dv4

FS Labs are currently in early beta testing of their A320 64 bit but I've no idea when that will be made available to end users, FSL are not exactly known for being rapid!

Aerosoft are creating a upgrade to their Airbuses called "Edition 2018" which will be v4 compatible. They intend to release this year but that might exclude 64 bit versions. It will cost €16+VAT to upgrade from existing versions you have and for as a seperate purchase there's a new A330-300 RR.

Majestic confirmed a while ago they're working on the Q400 but it's looking unlikely P3Dv4 compatibility will be ready before the year end.