• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Why Offline ?

Started by Gokhan Ors, May 24, 2013 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Gokhan Ors (1024)

Hi Guys ,

I've been new around and completed 3 flights with ICX on Vatsim . I've been looking for a nice VA to fly with MJSC DH8D and finally found Intercity .

I know The VA is new and we don't have a large roster but today i realized that most of the flights with ICX were flown offline . My question is simple

Why ?

It's more realistic and fun over Vatsim and Ivao . Plus , i feel like it will a lot better for VA's PR if we fly more often online .

I would understand if you are new to virtual aviation or Vatsim and if you are i'll gladly help to see some buddies online flying .

Cheers ,

Gokhan  :?:

Chris Liu (1001)

I think it may be because most flights have been flown in the Q400, which is new and hence people are uncomfortable with it and reluctant to fly online in case they screw up!

I know it took me 4 or 5 flights before I felt confident enough with the Majestic Q400 to fly it on VATSIM, and I had a few minor mishaps in the previous offline flights (mainly because I was still learning the nuances of the FMS)

I definitely agree with your points though, flying online is more fun and it gets us more exposure (which hopefully means more pilots!) but I would never insist upon it. We have a good bunch of pilots who besides flying, post in the forums and screenshot gallery, so we're definitely active as a community. I'll be doing more online flying soon myself (lead by example etc) but unfortunately this weekend is rather hectic for me and I think my FS needs a reinstall (I've got OOMs, microstutters, blurries etc)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Agree. I love flying online but this aircraft is taking a good while to master.

Rest assured once comfortable I will join you on a fly in somewhere.

Paul Regimbal (1002)

QuoteAgree. I love flying online but this aircraft is taking a good while to master.

Rest assured once comfortable I will join you on a fly in somewhere.

Absolutely agreed  :D

Gokhan Ors (1024)

I don't see myself as a master but i feel like i'm able to fly with Majestic Dash 8 as  it is like PMDG NGX or Aerosoft Airbus . So , i'll be glad to help you if you need any assistance .

Cheers,

Chris Liu (1001)

We are working towards VATSIM Partner Airline status, but we don't yet qualify because not a high enough proportion of our pilots have utilised VATSIM. So the more pilots who can fly online with VATSIM or IVAO, the better :)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Greetings fellow pilots. So I think I am brave enough now to try this Aircraft online.

Perhaps an ICX flyin event somewhere might be nice.

Any interest??

Chris Liu (1001)

Definitely!  :D Guessing in the evening would be good around 1800 GMT (that's 1900 BST and 2000 CEST). Weekday or Sunday? And then we'd need to decide on a route and aircraft type (we can setup special routes, we have the ability to add charters built in to our scheduling system!)

Gokhan Ors (1024)

I will be able to join an online event with my dash 8 on Sunday . Beside that i'll fly online now .=)

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Can do Wed Thurs Fri or sat this week. After 19:00 when the little one has gone to bed!

How about we invade Scotland? GLA or EDI??

Thurs I think there is full UK Vatsim cover.  Let me know what you guys think.

Ben

Chris Liu (1001)

Can do Wed Thurs Fri or sat this week. After 19:00 when the little one has gone to bed! How about we invade Scotland? GLA or EDI?? Thurs I think there is full UK Vatsim cover.  Let me know what you guys think. Ben

Most weekdays from 1830 GMT (1930 BST) on, apart from Friday I'm free. If a few others could manage that we could go invade Edinburgh one week?

Benjamin Hall (1007)

Will definately have to find a time for this... (the difficulties of shift work and small child!)

I had a great trip on VATSIM last night. ICX 118 full coverage from LCY to EDI. Would be great if we can have a company day out!