• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Where are all the pilots?

Started by Frank Herter, Dec 08, 2016 15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Herter (1523)

Why it is so dead here?

No one is flying.

Any issues with the VA?

Regards
Frank

Chris Liu (1001)

Intercity is a niche VA focusing on quality, not quantity, and our roster's average age reflects this; we have a low pilot turnover with a dedicated core but they don't consistently have lots of free time to fly, especially in the lead up to Christmas. Plus I think quite a few of us have been distracted by the new Xplane 11 beta!

However, 4 different pilots have flown within the last 48 hours (at time of writing), and over 60 individuals have flown in the last 180 days.

We'll never be EZY or BAV but we don't aim to be, our smaller size provides a friendly but professional cosy atmosphere that would be lost with a 300+ pilot roster. It also means a small and responsive management team who can work quickly, in the past we've added new releases to the fleet within 24 hours of sales commencing! And as you've seen, unlike most smaller scale operations we haven't compromised on our systems, which are amongst the best available at any VA.

Frank Herter (1523)

Hi Chris,

thank you for the fast reply.

I guess we had a little misunderstanding.
The question was not related to the quantity either to the fact that why the pilots are not flying.
We have a a lot of nice turns but every time I visit the live flight tracker there is no current flight.
So I'm just wondering a little bit there are more than 4 pilots currently active :-)

All the best
Frank

Chris Liu (1001)

Approximately half the roster meets our activity/currency requirements outlined on the website; it would usually be more than but recently we've received many rejoin requests from old pilots who have yet to log flights. Inactive pilots are removed from the roster after a grace period.

Graham Bannister (1171)

Hi guys.
I was one of those "missing pilots" not because of being tired of it but rather medical issue with an injury that needed rectifying.

I am back now since early March and am flying regular. In the past 16 days between March 5th and 19th, I have done 16 flights logging 16.8 hours, 14 of which are on VATSIM.

I agree I have noted a reduction in the amount of pilots online at a single time, however I believe that with us (the regulars) advertising and pushing our airline we can secure some new comers and keep the interest alive.

I work 12 hours a day but have decided that every evening I relax by strapping on my old girl the Jetstream J41 and flying the friendly skies around the UK from my base at EGLC.

This is the best VA on the web.  8) :D

Benjamin Hall (1007)