• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Understanding Duty on schedules

Started by Scott Stephens, Mar 31, 2018 23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Stephens (1536)

Hi,

Getting back into flying - done a search of the forums and couldn't find an answer if there is one please link me.

I am trying to understand the Duty column in the schedules.  My understanding is this is the Duty roster of the airframe ?  So it is what that aircraft does on a particular day is that correct? My questions?

Can I select say a DH8D out of Edinburgh and follow it for the day?

In a previous VA we had the option to be given a random crew schedule for the day, as in you do EGPH - EGPD - EGPH - EGCC - EGPH. Can that be done using the scehdules?

Thanks

Scott

Chris Liu (1001)

You are correct about the duty column. Indeed you can follow an aircraft for a whole day if you want, just pick a number between 1 and 152 to start with  :) Oh and welcome aboard!

Chris Liu (1001)

Make that 153 I just bought a plane  ;D

Scott Stephens (1536)

Thanks Chris,

any thoughts on the crew rotation thing?  If I remember correctly you could say how many hours flying you wanted to do per week/fortnight/month and it would generate a pilot roster for you - with some overnights and that sort of thing.

Scott

Chris Liu (1001)

We can't currently automatically generate a crew duty for the day, just aircraft duties. However the schedules are easily filtered with ACARS so assembling one yourself should be relatively straight forward. I like using the Visited Airports map in the Crew Centre to help me pick airfields.

It's very rare for us to overnight crew except for London City which has very limited parking and thus some aircraft are kept at other airfields overnight.