• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

ACARS and Pilotedge

Started by Robert Yunque, Mar 13, 2017 05:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerald Plotts (1443)

Can't speak for management bit I don't think custom flights is an option. Intercity it 100% EU based, so don't think that will be a possibility.
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Robert Yunque (1548)

QuoteCan't speak for management bit I don't think custom flights is an option. Intercity it 100% EU based, so don't think that will be a possibility.

I believe Chris indicated that there was a way to fly using Pilotedge, but I'm not sure now:
Quote from: Chris Liu on Mar 17, 2017 12:19
We're "network agnostic", you're welcome to use any online multiplayer network you wish. However, we have an official partnership with VATSIM and maintain ties with IVAO. You can fly on Pilotedge too, but I  think they only cover West Coast USA?

If not, I'll just fly on Pilotedge when I want to and Vatsim when I want them to be logged into Intercity.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Robert Yunque on May 29, 2017 16:58

QuoteCan't speak for management bit I don't think custom flights is an option. Intercity it 100% EU based, so don't think that will be a possibility.

I believe Chris indicated that there was a way to fly using Pilotedge, but I'm not sure now.
http://viaintercity.com/forums/general-discussion/tried-my-first-flight-but-well-no-joy/new/?topicseen#new

If not, I'll just fly on Pilotedge when I want to and Vatsim when I want them to be logged into Intercity.

We only permit pilots to log hours with us flying along routes which are in our schedule or ones which we have added as ad-hoc charters (these can be found under the Charter tab on ACARS).

At present we have no plans to expand into the US, so unfortunately you won't be able to log your hours on PilotEdge.

Just for reference, ACARS works with the sim itself, regardless of which network you are connected to so can be used on any online network or offline so long as your flying an Intercity flight.

Robert Yunque (1548)

Quote from: Chris Hulme on May 29, 2017 21:54
We only permit pilots to log hours with us flying along routes which are in our schedule or ones which we have added as ad-hoc charters (these can be found under the Charter tab on ACARS).

At present we have no plans to expand into the US, so unfortunately you won't be able to log your hours on PilotEdge.

Just for reference, ACARS works with the sim itself, regardless of which network you are connected to so can be used on any online network or offline so long as your flying an Intercity flight.

That's no problem Chris.   I don't need to have PilotEdge hours logged.  They log them over there.
While I got you, I was wondering, the Vatsim ATC wouldn't let me use "Intercity164" as my call sign, and made me use "Intex164".  Does that make sense to you?

Bob

Chris Hulme (1003)

We looked at many ICAO codes and chose ICX as its not been used by anyone since 1994. I tend to find if you call them up as Intercity and reply as Intercity they soon get the idea!

On VATSIM can use the flightplan remark OPR/INTERCITY to identify your airline and callsign to controllers, on IVAO use CS/INTERCITY in the same manner.