• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

One of those arrrgh moments

Started by Casey Korstanje, Apr 15, 2020 03:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Korstanje (1847)

So I was flying happily from Edinburgh to Stornoway, made gentle approach, eased the J41 onto to the runway smooth a silk... then my foot got tangled in wire and jerked my throttle cable loose from the computer. The aircraft immediately went into full power leaped off the runway, turned upside down and .... well, suffice it to say I didn't file a flight log.
I have since cleaned up my wiring neatly with some twist ties. I had been meaning to get around to it.

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Casey Korstanje on Apr 15, 2020 03:02
So I was flying happily from Edinburgh to Stornoway, made gentle approach, eased the J41 onto to the runway smooth a silk... then my foot got tangled in wire and jerked my throttle cable loose from the computer. The aircraft immediately went into full power leaped off the runway, turned upside down and .... well, suffice it to say I didn't file a flight log.
I have since cleaned up my wiring neatly with some twist ties. I had been meaning to get around to it.

Just the small matter of the damaged J41 to rectify now  ;)

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Yeah I had my own aargh moment today taxiing the A320 at EKCH after a lengthy time getting set up for an Intercity flight to Birmingham. My headset cable got a bit stuck under the tower, I leaned down to move the box slightly... and managed to press the reboot button.  >:(

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Clive Gulliver on Apr 15, 2020 15:42
Yeah I had my own aargh moment today taxiing the A320 at EKCH after a lengthy time getting set up for an Intercity flight to Birmingham. My headset cable got a bit stuck under the tower, I leaned down to move the box slightly... and managed to press the reboot button.  >:(

I've done similar, I was mid flight with a pizza for my lunch, dropped the plate and hit the reset button, worst bit was the pizza had carpet fluff on it so I couldn't even finish it!