• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Numbers

Started by Graham Bannister, May 03, 2019 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Bannister (1171)

Hi guys.
To all pilots.

Its concerning to me the number of Active pilots we currently have.

Active 27....... 40.3%
Inactive 37.... 55.2%
LOA 3............ 4.5%
What can we do as a group to contact amd try and encourage our Inactive pilots back to flying? Why did they leave?
How can we attract new pilots?
We need to do all we can to spread our wings further.

Any ideas guys?

Chris Liu (1001)

To encourage people back to flying our systems automatically emails pilots when they become inactive and again 30 days before they're deactivated, although sometimes these will end up being caught by spam filters.

Unfortunately one has to accept some natural wastage (folk get bored, move on to other types of flying, their circumstances change so they have less time, summer comes and they'd rather be outdoors) and try to replace those with new pilots. 

Much of our fortunes with regard to pilot recruitment and retention are tied to what's in vogue at the moment, there's been no major addon releases applicable to us lately as all the hype is around VFR scenery and widebodies. Things might change when the E jets come out. I'm also trying to develop our Xplane offering.

Always happy to hear from pilots what they'd like to see :) although it does need to fit in with our ethos, we can't be all things to all people and we have an established sector we're known for.

Robert Yunque (1548)

Hello,
Just wanted to say that I've been very busy with my work and it is a bit of a struggle to find time to enjoy on the flight sim.
I operate my own business and there are times that I will still be working after eight o'clock.
I do vehicle wraps and sometimes I have my driveway full of trucks and vans to wrap, yet I am always thinking that I need to get some flights in.  I love flight simulation, whether it is P3D or X-Plane.
I appreciate the short flights and lenient requirements that comes with Intercity AV. ;)
Thank you,
Bob (1548)