• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

MSFS2020

Started by Sean Donno, Nov 29, 2020 13:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean Donno (1110)

Hi

I am a returning pilot here, and just upgraded PC and now running MSFS2020.

Anyone else here done likewise?

Sean

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Yes but it's such a dog's breakfast of impressive graphics and an unimpressive flight model (at least for the A320) and especially since the latest patch, that I still use P3D 4.5 for any "serious flying" so I can depend on the navigation and weather to work. Perhaps one day it will be more usable. Still, I am looking forward to the upcoming UK update.

Sean Donno (1110)

Hi
Yes still early days and the models could be better.
Still getting my head around what works and what doesn't in the A320!
It's great for VFR flying though  8)

Chris Liu (1001)

MFS is great for VFR, not so great for IFR yet, mainly down to the available aircraft. However a corner may be turned shortly as Aerosoft's CRJ is apparently in beta testing and FlyByWire Sim are preparing to release a free A320 upgrade with a new autopilot. There is also a UK scenery upgrade coming in the next couple of months so we might finally stop seeing blocks of flats in farmyards!

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi Chris,
The A320 from FlyByWire is now a very nice aircraft. Would it be possible to fly legs in msfs?? I don't know if the intercity acars will be usable. I'd like to try if my work schedule returns to normal.

Gert

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Gert Visser on Mar 14, 2021 13:22
Hi Chris,
The A320 from FlyByWire is now a very nice aircraft. Would it be possible to fly legs in msfs?? I don't know if the intercity acars will be usable. I'd like to try if my work schedule returns to normal.

Gert

Yes tracker should work with MSFS, you'd need FSUIPC 7. Your welcome to fly the A320 on our Airbus routes

Clive Gulliver (1344)

Hmm... I installed FSUIPC7 but when I try to launch ACARS (even before MSFS is loaded) I get an Unhandled Exception error message saying Conversion for string """ to type "Double" is not valid. Any thoughts, Chris? I suppose that means I can't use it with P3DV4.5 either. And BTW how do you actually access FSUIPC7 since there are no dropdown menus in MSFS?

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Clive Gulliver on Mar 30, 2021 02:29
Hmm... I installed FSUIPC7 but when I try to launch ACARS (even before MSFS is loaded) I get an Unhandled Exception error message saying Conversion for string """ to type "Double" is not valid. Any thoughts, Chris? I suppose that means I can't use it with P3DV4.5 either. And BTW how do you actually access FSUIPC7 since there are no dropdown menus in MSFS?

Are you running as admin, have you tried re install? As for FSUIPC 7 I have no idea sorry as I haven't tried it with MSFS2020

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi Chris I tried the A320NX of flybywire in MSFS. Worked fine with the acars, flight correctly logged. Some small niggles with the a320, vertical descend not yet automated, but shouldnt be a problem if you use simbrief. In the flightplan there is a TOD, and you can manage nicely with vertical speed. I had traffic control on ivao, so managing the beast and responding to all the commands was quite a handfull :) Bu will do it again, practice makes perfect. When flying online you have to shut of traffic in MSFS, otherwise you will have some nice shocks... somebody landing on top of you wen you just received to clearance from atc. But it works fine in MSFS! Will try to fly some more for Intercity! Now only waiting for the q4oo in msfs.
Greeetings to you all!

Gert

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Gert Visser on Apr 26, 2021 14:48
Hi Chris I tried the A320NX of flybywire in MSFS. Worked fine with the acars, flight correctly logged. Some small niggles with the a320, vertical descend not yet automated, but shouldnt be a problem if you use simbrief. In the flightplan there is a TOD, and you can manage nicely with vertical speed. I had traffic control on ivao, so managing the beast and responding to all the commands was quite a handfull :) Bu will do it again, practice makes perfect. When flying online you have to shut of traffic in MSFS, otherwise you will have some nice shocks... somebody landing on top of you wen you just received to clearance from atc. But it works fine in MSFS! Will try to fly some more for Intercity! Now only waiting for the q4oo in msfs.
Greeetings to you all!

Gert

Glad to hear it works, I did see you'd filed using the NEO!

Gert Visser (1391)

Yes, right so with the fbw mod.
With all my q400 experience calculating the descent is not difficult
It flies nicely, and the systems are much enhanced.

Gert

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks for the feedback Gert, glad to hear it's working well for you

Gokhan Ors (1024)

Hi All,
Firsty, Congratz to all admins that keeping VA alive in last 8 years.

I'm also returning pilot after years. Today i saw FB post and reminded me early days of this VA then re-activated my account =)

I've also upgraded my sim to MSFS as well and i can say that beside VFR flights this FBW-A320 and Aerosoft CRJ are only more realistic pieces.

My question is ; Is there any possibility for adding CRJ to fleet? I know it's not compatible for LCY but i believe the piece might be an alternative for non-LCY Dash-8 and/or ERJ routes.

Cheers,

Gökhan

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks Gokhan. My job has been very busy last few months so I'm behind where I want to be fleet wise, the priority at the moment is the Saab 340 to substitute the Jetstream 41 on P3D and Xplane. Then the MFS A320 (FBW mod) can be painted. After that we haven't really made any decisions, waiting to see how things evolve with the new platform, AS CRJ MFS uptake hasn't been as big as I'd hoped.