• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Intercity Airways and IVAO

Started by Keith Giannoni, Oct 16, 2014 09:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Giannoni (1101)

Dear members,

I have volunteered to take on the project of trying to have our VA affiliated with IVAO. The joining criteria is quite tough, so I am contacting those I know on the management of IVAO to provide some assistance.

I know not all members fly on line nor with IVAO. To those who fly off line, but would like to try online flying, then I will be preparing something for IVAO in due course. (Chris has already set up something for Vatsim.) To those of you who fly on line, can I ask two favours, please?

Firstly, If you have an IVAO account please can you ensure it is recorded in your profile so that when I present our VAs data to IVAO it is up to date.

Secondly, could I ask that all online pilots consider setting up an IVAO account. I am not looking to press you into IVAO nor am I trying to ask dedicated Vatsim pilots to 'turn coat.' However, for those who do or are thinking about flying on line, the number of registered IVAO pilots in our VA will help our cause.

Lastly, why should we become affiliated with IVAO? For me it simply provides another online opportunity for our flights/VA. I fly on both networks. If I am looking for ATC, I can search both to see who is on, and thus head over there. Finally, there are frequent on line events on both networks and it would be great to support the events on behalf of the VA. More importantly, we would advertise our presence to others and thus maybe secure more members. (Incidentally, 1st November IVAO UK are celebrating 15 years of operation and on line for the day).

Thank you in advance. Anyone wishing to discuss further, or have suggestions, please PM.

Keith