• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

InterCity Call Sign

Started by Mike Ody, Oct 15, 2017 02:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Ody (1594)

Have just downloaded Thomas Thomsen's InterCity Call Sign .evpmod file. Thanks Thomas.
I assume that the .evpmod file is for use [via EditVoicePack] with the FSX default ATC.
However I am using PROATC/X for ATC and not the FSX default.
As far as I can see [PROATC/X manual is long out of date] I need an equivalent .wav file not the .evpmod file.
Are there any InterCity Airways pilots out there who use PROATC/X and have somehow managed to get the correct Call Sign in PROATC/X ?
Thanks,
Mike Ody

Chris Liu (1001)

Yes it's for EditVoicePack. I'm not aware of any of us using ProATC/X but .wav is just an audio file so you could record it yourself although it's going to sound out-of-kilter with the rest of the audio.

Mike Ody (1594)

Thanks Chris.
Mike Ody

Wil De Boer (1637)

it was a long time ago that I was flying on the ivao network.

I understood that the online call sign is "intercity" but on IVAO the keep calling me "INTEC " in egbb and amsterdam radar/approach and twr

Can you tell me what  is the  right call sign to use when controllers are online

regards
wil

Chris Hulme (1003)

Our official callsign is "Intercity" however another real world operator International Charter Xpress used the ICX prefix and radio callsign Intex, they however ceased operations in 1994, and this seems to be stuck with VATSIM and IVAO.

Stick with "Intercity" I find they eventually get the idea and start calling you "Intercity"

Wil De Boer (1637)

that's what i did  in first instance .vatsim go`s easier . but on ivao the keep calling  intec and because it was very busy
I get along with to avoid miscommunication .
I always put in the remarks  call/intercity...

but anyway I stick to intercity
and thx for responding
regards

wil

Bob Cardone (1336)

I use Pro ATC X all the time, in fact one of the add on voices is mine. In order to use a call sign with Pro ATC X, it would be to be recorded and added to each controller and pilot voice set by the person that originally did the voice set. Not likely to happen. Best thing is to just add an airline and use Phonetic identifier that you can stipulate in the ICAO code. I use ICX.