• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Intercity (Vatsim & Ivao) online is 'Intex'? IVAO Liveries/modelings?

Started by Ron Kurz, Mar 19, 2016 18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Kurz (1390)

Hi Chris's

I've been doing quite a lot of online flying lately and almost always as ICX I get called as 'Intex' - unless I specifically file CS/INTERCITY under REMARKS. Why is that? - any way to fix that with VATSIM/IVAO?
Also: is there a way to get our liveries on the IVAO network (unfortunately VATSIM is somewhat stiff in this respect)?

just curious ::)

Ron

Chris Liu (1001)

Between 1989 and 1994 there was a cargo airline flying DC-8s called International Charter Express, who used ICX and "Intex". This long disused code still brings up the Intex callsign in some ATC clients (particularly IVAO's IVAC).

I think we can get our liveries and callsign on IVAO if we become a VA partner but we tried to attain that a while ago and came up against a few barriers that we've still not managed to overcome yet. VATSIM all the model matching is done by the pilot clients so it seems unlikely.

Chris Hulme (1003)

I find now that when calling up if you have it in your remarks and identity yourself as Intercity they seem to follow your lead!

Ron Kurz (1390)

dito: when I add CS/INTERCITY in remarks field, most of the time they will go along with it. The liveries would be icing on the (IVAO) cake.

Speaking of VATSIM/IVAO: IVAO is much more active in Europe, especially on the mainland and especially EDDL. In England VATSIM is doing a bit more activity but unfortunately on none of our hubs.  EGKK and EGSS seem to be by far the most active on VATSIM, adding Gatwick and/or Stansted would be really great.  :) :D ;D .