• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

howto act

Started by Wil De Boer, Mar 10, 2019 10:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Wil De Boer (1637)

yesterday I was flying with the dash LFSB-LFMK. Lfmk runway is 10-28.
Only 10 has a arrival star-appr. 28 not and also no vfr landings chart for 28.only a missed appr for 10 is given .
But the wind was 240/16 and that is what I think to  much to land on 10.
Is it normal and allowed to perform a visual on 28 ea. using the opposite headings from the go-around rw10.
Or is it forbidden and  diverse to another airport .

looking forward for the clarification
It is not a city trip but my next friday evening group flight with FSCB

regards
wil

Graham Woodley (1054)

I've just watched FR1984 (B738) (on FlightRadar24) land at LFMK on 28 - winds 270/17.

He was at 1000' right downwind to 28 so I guess he visually acquires from there, right base over Saint - Jean and final over Carcassonne.

I can only imagine that it's a visual approach on pilots' discretion with ATC from Tower.

I don't know what the FR company procedure is for LFMK.

There's no chart for 28 on Navigraph Charts that I can see.

Chris Liu (1001)

It would be a visual Rwy 28 as there no instruments charts for that runway, just an AOC (Obstacle). There is an LFMK STAR RWY ALL CONV chart that positions you at the CS NDB between 3500 and FL90 so you could self position from there but I suspect in reality you are given radar vectors by ATC for a visual approach or chucked in to the circuit for self-positioning with Tower.

Wil De Boer (1637)

that`s what i did right downwind . following the go around rw10 in the opposite direction . thx for taking time to answer.
regards
wil