• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

goodbye fsx , hello p3d4

Started by Wil De Boer, Feb 13, 2019 08:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Wil De Boer (1637)

after a total  `meltdown `from fsx . causes by my self with the orbx scenery. I needed a complete new  and fresh instal.
I decided to take a 1 month option to see how the p3d4 64 bit was running on my pc.
In the past with the 32 versions it runs worse than fsx.
So p3d4 installing free fsuipc5 , al orbx vector,olc and England , scotland and ireland , uk2000 , the mjc dash and aerosoft crj.Hifi AS weather, Rex airport.
Several payware fsx scenery works fine in p3d4.
And it really  surprises me , what a difference , the scenery looks  very good , addons AC and weather beautiful .
And with all sliders open on the same PC  about 35 fps ( fsx was running on 15/20)

so after all I`m now after more than 20 years very happy with lockheed martin p3d4 academic   license .
and with the Uk scenery back to fly all Flybe routes. :) :) :)
kind regards
wiil

Chris Liu (1001)

I think P3D v4 has proved to be the tipping point, it now offers sufficiently better performance, visuals and addon exclusives to justify the cost and time to switch from FSX. Unless you own lots of PMDG and A2A stuff, then it gets very expensive!

Wil De Boer (1637)

for me except the p3d4 cost  I had to renew the mjc dash ,the ifly737 and hifi as.Most vendors have special upgrade prices.
But still it is a step that cost money. Some addons as the aerosoft crj and orbx just switch installer.
is it worth for me ??? in the past with the p3d 32 version not , with the p3d4 64 version  a big yes .
And the big surprise that many sceneries from fsx still usable .