• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Rejoin and question

Started by Gert Visser, May 04, 2023 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi all, I am glad to rejoin Intercity Airways. Hope to fly a lot of legs again in MSFS.
My question: would it be possible to use the new ATR 42/60 or 70/600 for legs, since the q400 for MSFS will take some ( a long) time before it is available (according to Majestic). Thus we would be able to fly a turboprop in MSFS. These are my preferred aicraft, because jets fly too high and too fast. (am nearing 66 years of age now :)  :)

Gert

Chris Hulme (1003)

HI Gert

Weve added the ATR to the whitelist for ACARS so you can fly it for now. Watch out for an announcement soon with regards to ICX ATRs  ;)

Chris Liu (1001)

I'm in the process of painting the ATR 42-600, it's being officially added to the fleet. It will be operating the previous J41 sectors as the ATR is too slow to keep up Q400 timings.

Gert Visser (1391)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the effort!!
Will try my first leg with the atr-42 soon!!

Gert

Chris Liu (1001)

You're very welcome, hope you enjoy it! The thing damn near broke me with it's insane texture mapping but I got there. Now I can actually enjoy flying it rather than pixel counting, it's so good to have a decent turboprop in MFS at last!

Gert Visser (1391)

You are right Chris.
However, I still have some problems with the FMS on descent and approach. Well, practice makes perfect (so they say.....)

Chris Liu (1001)

I haven't really logged any time in yet, and the system is quite different to the ATR 500 series I am familiar with so I can't offer much advice. Usually I'm completely clued up on all our aircraft but I'm behind the curve on this right now.

There is a nice official video guide (though I prefer written and illustrated) on the official MFS YouTube channel that may be useful, they do cover the FMS in some detail. Also ensure you have the latest version as the original release had some issues in the exact areas you refer to.