• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Finally seeing some flying being done

Started by Graham Bannister, Jul 17, 2019 21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Bannister (1171)

Its great to see some pilots flying and building up some hours.

Was starting to get a little lonely in the skies.

Lets try and encourage more to come on board and more of our existing pilots to spread their wings and fly.

One flight a week to start, maybe two on weekends wherever possible.

Stephen Ellis (1807)

Hi Graham,

I am new here this week and have put a couple of flights in.
For the moment I am limited to the Dash 8 and the Airbus (nice liveries), but are you allowed a sub for the Jetstream as I do not have one for P3D. ?
Apologies if this has been answered before.

Will Intercity always be Regional or has it got plans to extend its reach ?

Chris Liu (1001)

The J41 is rather unfortunate; it's a great addon and PMDG have repeatedly stated it would "released soon" for P3D but failed to deliver and it's on their back burner again. I didn't expect to have to find myself in the position of finding a substitute but here we are... from a size and performance perspective the Saab 340 is a reasonable match and there are good models for FSX/P3D from Carenado, and for XP10/XP11 from LES/X-Aviation Take Command. ACARS will permit you to use this type on legs scheduled for the J41.

As regards expanding beyond regional and shorthaul operations, we have our niche in flights under 2 hours within Europe using some fun and challenging airliners and we're very good at it. Other airlines do longhaul very well and it would take us a long time to catch them up, it would also require a lot of effort that frankly I couldn't motivate myself to do given longhaul flying hasn't interested me in nearly a decade. You might interested to learn that we have expanded a lot already, originally we we're just UK based using turboprops (see http://viaintercity.com/forums/general-discussion/adding-the-upcoming-aerosoft-crj700900/msg498/#msg498 )

Jan Naslund (1795)

Hi,

Good to see other pilots flying as well :)

I am on vacation so i have a lot of time to fly. I use xplane 11 so i mostly use the FlyJsim Dash-8 400 but i have got the Flight factor A320 as well. I am now trying to learn how to operate the FMC (MCDU in Airbus).

I have loads of saved xplane 11 flight plans but none of them show up in the A320 stored routes. I guess i have to manually enter each flight plan and save them for later use. No big problem as the flights are relatively short (Not so many routes and waypoints to enter).

I got the xplane 11 Bae Jetstream 32 and i have tried it twice. Extremely complicated startup procedure and the first flight, i got ice on approach (i am guessing) and the plane just did a wing over and slammed into the ground.

Second flight, took off from EGBB and at about 4000ft in the climb,  i suddenly lose power, then the fire alarm went off. Opened an outside view and both engines were on fire :)
Tried to turn back to Birmingham to land but it was too late. Could hardly control the plane and crashed into the ground.

So for now i am staying away from the J32 for a while. Couldn't find a good pilots handbook either so i am trying to guess power settings etc....

My plan now is to get airborne in the Flight Factor A320 and make some flights.

PS. I frequently get "DIVERT DETECTED" in ACARS even though i am landing at the correct airport but maybe that is being corrected soon.

Best Regards / Jan

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Jan Naslund on Jul 23, 2019 14:31
PS. I frequently get "DIVERT DETECTED" in ACARS even though i am landing at the correct airport but maybe that is being corrected soon.

Hi Jan

I did email you and a few other pilots who have had this issue. I have fixed the issue along with a few others which will be released soon in an ACARS update. I have updated all of your reports to remove the divert flag.