• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Fast Moving Flights

Started by Graham Bannister, Nov 30, 2018 20:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Bannister (1171)

How is it that a flight that is supposed to take over an hour and twenty minutes is being completed in less time than it takes to preflight and deprt in a J41.. i.e. 30 mins.

Interesting... ICX19J today for example... ::)

Graham Bannister (1171)

Is it possible to speed up the flight because sometimes I get in the middle of a flight and then something comes up and I usually may have to cancel in the middle of it to go deal with the matter.
What is the procedure with this?

Chris Liu (1001)

I took a look at ICX19J and didn't spot any issues, flight time is about an hour.

You can use increased simrate but ACARS will only log time elapsed in reality, not in sim.
Quotelogbook hours may reflect time elapsed in reality (instead of time elapsed in the simulator). When flying online, time acceleration maybe used online only when expressly permitted by an air traffic controller or when the aircraft is within uncontrolled airspace.

There is also flight resume functionality in ACARS, if you quit the sim and ACARS mid-flight, when you next run ACARS you have the option to "flight resume" but you need to be within about 40 miles and 10000 ft of your last recorded position before logging will resume.

Graham Bannister (1171)

Thanks

Wasn't saying there was an issue with 19J
Was using that as an example as it appeared to be rather swift and I was here saying "wish I could do that from time to time".

Thanks much. Will try the resume feature next time see how that goes.
GB