• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

Duty 104 Block Times

Started by Sergio De Ceglie, May 07, 2014 03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

I was planning a flight from EDDL to LOWI (duty 104) and found the block time to be only 1 hour (13:00 to 14:00). I then noticed that the block time for the return flight is 12:35 to 16:00 which is clearly wrong as this off block time is earlier than the off block time for the previous leg.

If you were to plan for a typical 15 minute layover between flights and take into consideration the earlier and later flights in this duty number then the block times would be:

EDDL to LOWI   12:20 to 14:00
LOWI to EDDL   14:15 to 16:00

These adjusted block times are still pretty tight when you include sids and stars but doable.

Would it be possible to look into this?

Regards,
Serge

Chris Liu (1001)

Thanks for pointing this out, the corrected times are as follows (although we've not updated them on the website/ACARS yet):

(ICX923 is scheduled for a 12:05 arrival in to DUS)
ICX924 departs EDDL 12:20 and arrives LOWI 14:00
ICX925 departs LOWI 14:20 and arrives EDDL 16:00
(ICX926 is scheduled for a 16:15 departure from DUS)

The schedules are imported from my creation tools into Excel via OCR (it's a long story) so I suspect that's where this error crept in.

All times GMT/UTC/Zulu.

EDIT: It would seem that my times were are an hour out from what's on the website, I think this is because of the switch to CEST/DST/BST. Have now corrected.

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Thanks for clarifying this Chris.

Once the website/acars is updated I'll send you an updated PFPX Schedule.

Cheers,
Serge

Sergio De Ceglie (1143)

Hi Chris,

I noticed you updated this duty and was going to update the PFPX Schedule but then noticed all the times have moved 1 hour along and the last leg only has a 30 minute block time.

Looks like that DST thing again.

Regards,
Serge

Steve Prowse (1046)

Hi all,

I thought that all the times in the Schedule were in UTC (GMT) as per this:

http://viaintercity.com/forums/news/scheduled-dep-and-arr-times-are-zulu-%28utc%29/msg213/#msg213

So why all the changes I guess I'm missing something here...I'm old don't forget ;)

Chris Liu (1001)

You are correct Steve, the schedule is always in UTC  :) That's how the whole of the aviation industry works so it makes sense to follow that.

The reason for the changes is because the clocks go forward and backward in Europe for Daylight Savings (DST/BST/CEST etc). If I didn't adjust the schedules to match to this, then flights would run an hour earlier/later in local time, even though the UTC/Zulu time was the same.

E.g. if a flight departs London at 00:00 UTC then that's 00:00 local in winter. But in summer it would be 01:00 local, because London is using BST (UTC+1) during the summer.

Steve Prowse (1046)

Thanks Chris, so the bottom line is we are still using UTC (ZULU) for the schedules.

cheers