• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

DTG Flight Sim World

Started by Chris Liu, May 04, 2017 13:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Liu (1001)

For those of you that missed the announcement from Dovetail Games (DTG) yesterday, they will be releasing an early access alpha/beta of their new simulator on Steam in the coming months.

They certainly talk a good game in the video, but how it compares to the advanced made by P3D over the past few years remains to be seen.

Gerald Plotts (1443)

All of the great looking aircraft, instruments, etc don't matter if the fight model doesn't measure up. In my opinion, if you want all that eye-candy you don't really care how well the aircraft handles compared to the real world. The FSX Majestic Q400 and PMDG JS4100 do that and do it superbly. We'll have to wait for the "Early adopters" to give their reports though. I've got so much invested in software and hardware for FSX, any move off this platform is certainly risky for compatibility. Just ask the early adopters of P3D.  :) :)
Visit my flightdeck here:
http://myflightdeck.weebly.com/

Chris Liu (1001)

don't think there'll be much change in aircraft handling because they've not focused on that area and your hardware will very likely work better than it does with FSX. How many addons will be ported and what the costs involved is going to be the clincher for many people I feel, that's the major switching cost. Obviously the performance and graphical improvements will have to outweigh those.