• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

An Aerosoft Airbus run in with "Aviation Careers" Podcast!

Started by Bill Ant, Oct 27, 2014 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ant (1076)

A few weeks ago I wrote Carl Valeri (An Airbus A320 captain for a US airline) about supporting Danial Shulte's Kickstarter project "For the Love of Flight:An Aviation Film".  While he was not able to officially support the project, he was nice enough to respond to my email.    While emailing him back, I thought it would be funny to send him a screen capture of me flying the Aerosoft Airbus into some bad weather.  He flies the real thing, and I fly it on my computer..  (What is the difference...... Lol!)  To my surprise, Carl liked the screen capture and used it on his official webpage for the podcast!  I feel pretty honored!

I did a quick blog post about the Aviation Careers podcast:http://deskpilot518....rs-podcast.html

Bill
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Chris Hulme (1003)

Wow! I find the pilots at work all take a different view to flight sim, some dismiss it and some are really interested in the virtual world, and things like VATSIM and how it compares to the real thing!

Bill Ant (1076)

Hello Chris,

I think you will find a host of different opinions here in the states.   Carl has stated that he thinks sims are great along with Airline Pilot Guy (excellent podcast too).
I have run into pilots at airshows who have been dismissive or never even tried it.  But then there is the younger generation who grew up on flight sim.
At the very least, I think it is becoming recognized that flight sims have their uses.  For example, FSX can really help when save time and money when training for a PPL.
Don't forget, that for many Airline pilots, flight sim is not a fun thing.   It involves getting in a box and spending grueling hours being trained and tested on numerous
failures.   Not a lot of fun.   :(

They don't spend there fun time flying an Intercity Q400 from EGPH to EGBB on a Saturday night!  ;) ;D

Bill
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/

Chris Hulme (1003)

Quote from: Bill Ant on Oct 28, 2014 11:30
Hello Chris,

I think you will find a host of different opinions here in the states.   Carl has stated that he thinks sims are great along with Airline Pilot Guy (excellent podcast too).
I have run into pilots at airshows who have been dismissive or never even tried it.  But then there is the younger generation who grew up on flight sim.
At the very least, I think it is becoming recognized that flight sims have their uses.  For example, FSX can really help when save time and money when training for a PPL.
Don't forget, that for many Airline pilots, flight sim is not a fun thing.   It involves getting in a box and spending grueling hours being trained and tested on numerous
failures.   Not a lot of fun.   :(

They don't spend there fun time flying an Intercity Q400 from EGPH to EGBB on a Saturday night!  ;) ;D

Bill

I'd say thats pretty much the same response over here, some of our newer FO's say they used to play FS "back in the day" but generally they are normally quite impressed with the level of knowledge of the Airbus systems gained from flying them on FS! I know one of our FO's flys during the week and then controls on VATSIM for fun!