• Welcome to Intercity Airways Discussion Forums.

A2A Piper PA-28-180 Cherokee

Started by Michael Meyer, May 27, 2014 15:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Meyer (1142)

The new Cherokee is available  8)

Looks fantastic and together with the integrated Accusim it is the best GA available.

Cheers
Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

A2A Cherokee or A2A 172? Decisions, decisions...

Or do I let my heart rule my head and get the Alabeo 177B Cardinal

BTW Isn't a PA-28-180 a Piper Archer, not a Cherokee?

Steve Prowse (1046)

Quote from: Chris Liu on May 27, 2014 16:03
A2A Cherokee or A2A 172? Decisions, decisions...

Or do I let my heart rule my head and get the Alabeo 177B Cardinal

We'll have to wait Chris and see what Alabeo brings :-\

Michael Meyer (1142)

Chris,

you should have a look at the manual of the A2A ACs. Both, the 172 and the PA-28 do have a very deep simulation of all systems. And the new Piper is a further step into this. :

-true propeller simulation
-Interactive pre-flight inspection system
-Physics-driven sound environment
-Complete maintenance hangar internal systems and detailed engine tests including compression checks
-Visual Real-Time Load Manager
-Piston combustion engine modeling. Air comes in, it mixes with fuel and ignites, parts move, heat up, and all work in harmony to produce the wonderful sound of a Lycoming 360 engine. Now the gauges look beneath the skin of your aircraft and show you what Accu-Sim is all about
-Electric starter with accurate cranking power
-Dynamic ground physics including both hard pavement and soft grass modeling
-Primer-only starts
-Persistent airplane even when the computer is off
-Authentic fuel delivery includes priming and proper mixture behavior. Mixture can be tuned by the book using the EGT or by ear. It's your choice.
-Oil pressure system is affected by oil viscosity (oil thickness). Oil viscosity is affected by oil temperature. Now when you start the engine, you need to be careful to give the engine time to warm
Alabeo has a lot of eyecandy but if you would like to fly anything in the GA area which has a similar system simulation like the Majestic Dash than you should have a look at the free manuals of the C172 or the PA-28.

But as always, the most important point is the fun you have with the aircraft of your choice. So also the Cardinal is a wonderful airplane and maybe I have to reorder my hangar to get some additional space ;)

Cheers
Michael

Chris Liu (1001)

I have used the A2A C172 and was very impressed with it (although I found it a bit twitchy) and the feature set for the PA-28 looks broadly similar. I know Alabeo's 177 won't be anywhere near that level of systems fidelity (basically like a default but prettier) but ever since I saw one nestle in my local hangar I've always wanted one for FS!

I've not flown a PA-28 in reality but I am told they're generally nicer than the C172 apart from the visibility being impeded by the wing, which is important because I fly VFR in FS to sight see.

Official A2A PA-28 video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWQRsPce7ss

Bill Ant (1076)

Chris,

How could you not already own the A2A C172??  :o ;D
It truly is an amazing product!
I believe they patched some of the elevator issues, but am not 100% sure.

A2A do a lot of things that put other developers to shame.
I wish more developers would follow suit, for example if the Real Air Duke V2 had
some of the failures/ modelling/ and cockpit lighting/ similar to the A2A C172 it "WOULD BE INCREDIBLE!!!"

Here is when I flamed the C172 engine after mis-using the poor thing. 
http://deskpilot518.blogspot.de/2014/05/a2a-c172ras-real-as-it-gets.html

If push came to shove, I would get the new Cherokee though, only because it is a little faster  ;) [size=78%].[/size]
But personally, I would considering owning both if moneys allow.

Bill

P.S.  Thanks for the heads up Michael!
Man, I can't wait to get home!
Visit my Flight Sim Blog! http://deskpilot518.blogspot.com/